Custom characters

Started by lich98, August 20, 2011, 10:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lich98

Can we find a way to share our custom charaters. I can't seem to figure out how to get them in even  after reading Virgils topic on it. Thx
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Sqaz

Quote from: lich98 on August 20, 2011, 10:47:33 AM
Can we find a way to share our custom charaters. I can't seem to figure out how to get them in even  after reading Virgils topic on it. Thx

Just place them on that png. file he gave you in that topic. The characters should be 96 on 96, you can easily rescale some images and paste them on it with Paint or even better with photoshop, you can try using GIMP, it's free and works great.

About the sharing, I don't think many Map Makers will like to share their characters as these are most likely part of a story nor do I think you'll like to use someone else's characters.

So just make them yourself, for abstract concepts you can use Google Images and for real characters just use movie characters (gives you a good reason to watch TV), cut these out change the background and voilĂ .

lich98

thanks. I've tried to do this in Photoshop but i can't seem to get my picture go over the other. How do i do this
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Michionlion

ok, download this:

then edit the spaces with numbers in them.

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Sqaz

Quote from: lich98 on August 20, 2011, 11:44:38 AM
thanks. I've tried to do this in Photoshop but i can't seem to get my picture go over the other. How do i do this

Copy the picture you want and paste it as a new layer, that should work.

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

lich98

When i try to upload the file in to creeper world editor it turns white on me and freezes any idea why
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Sqaz

Quote from: lich98 on August 20, 2011, 03:26:53 PM
When i try to upload the file in to creeper world editor it turns white on me and freezes any idea why

Are you sure the size is correct?
Is it in a .png format?
Did you enter it at the Custom Characters and not something else like the Custom Tiles?

lich98

File size is correct and it is .png I'll put the file so you can figure out what is wrong
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Grauniad

For sure something is wrong, since it does not even render here in the forum.  What tool did you use to create the .png?

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra