Custom Map: The Old Man - Part 3 [Destruction of Ruial]

Started by AutoPost, April 12, 2011, 02:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The Old Man - Part 3 [Destruction of Ruial]

Author: Ben

Desc:
Part three of the history of the Old Man.

Slightly stressful at the beginning, get to the mortar tech asap...you'll need it.

Note: old habits die hard...the last artifact (bottom right) should say "Loki" (not "creeper")...not worth replaying the map a 5th time just to change that word.

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

fridge

It's always a nice trip for me to play new coherent stuff on this awesome game.

I have to admit that I had to beginn 4 times until I managed that time. You have to shut down the creeper on the right at all cost. at the beginning. You can build "traps" for the spores by building collectors everywhere but not on your base  ;).

thanks for the map !!

fridge

Nice work, mesa. I think you collect first the ruin and then go over. I think i would mangage that, too, but i don't like anymore.
But yes, it's possible this way.

Changed my mind tried again. Thanks for the indirect Idea, Mesa :)

k3jsparks

Can you give more information about how to beat this? I can get the tech for mortars, but cannot figure out how to stop the creeper on the right side. I built 2 mortars and three blasters, but the blasters are not able to gain ground on the creeper. And I sure can't believe you can set up to cap it off before the creeper starts there--and even with 3 blasters sitting on it, the creeper from the far right overwhelms the blasters anyway because there is not nearly enough energy. The spores destroy any link to the island on the right. I know this is possible to do, but I need some pointers.
Thanks!