Syntax Help

Started by thepenguin, December 18, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

I can't quite get this right, what I need is to take a random number and save it to a variable:

0 61 RandInt  ->x
CurrentCoords 0 <-x 1 10 CreateSpore
30 Delay
We have become the creeper...

Grauniad

I do believe Virgil has not yet provided a build with the variable support.

For now just do

CurrentCoords 0 0 61 RandInt 1 10 CreateSpore
30 Delay

Edit. Omitted one parameter. Now it works.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

Yeah, give me another day and the local var support build will be out.  I want to add some nullifier changes (and maybe a sniper change) in the next build before I release it.  Local vars are nice.... 
The syntax is another homage to HP RPN calculators.  I intend to make =>x to mean to store the top of the stack into x in _global_ memory, whereas ->x stores it in local memory.
Global memory will be visible across all CRPLTowers, so it can be used to coordinate actions (maybe)...

thepenguin

Quote from: virgilw on December 18, 2012, 08:16:23 PM
Yeah, give me another day and the local var support build will be out.  I want to add some nullifier changes (and maybe a sniper change) in the next build before I release it.  Local vars are nice.... 
The syntax is another homage to HP RPN calculators.  I intend to make =>x to mean to store the top of the stack into x in _global_ memory, whereas ->x stores it in local memory.
Global memory will be visible across all CRPLTowers, so it can be used to coordinate actions (maybe)...

I see where you're going...

thepenguin

does div imply Floor, Ceiling, or Round? (i.e. 13/2=(6 or 7))

Grauniad

If you do division of integers, you will get an integer result (Eg, Floor). if you do division of floating point, you'll get a floating point result.

The "easy" way to do this is to test it in a CRPLT script, using Trace, that way you 'll learn a lot faster.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon