Custom Map #10: Nor'easter

Started by AutoPost, August 16, 2011, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10: Nor'easter

Author: Beta Community

Desc:
One of the origonal code maps, and also one of the hardest. If in this map, you can survive the phantoms, overwelming amounts of creeper, and countless drones, then you will be ranked among the greatest players of this game.

krf19053

Actually impossible. Drones come too fast. Though it has positive ratings, you'll notice there's only one score submitted - my guess, the writer.

Ebon Heart

It is not impossible. The simple fact that it has a score submitted should tell you that much. It's a code map from an earlier version of beta, back when drones could come this fast. And people DID beat it. Kithros just happens to be the only one who beat the custom map version.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mthw2vc

Nearly all of the players strong enough to beat this map already did so for the code map in beta and didn't feel like doing the same for the custom map version.

Kithros

Also, I am definitely not the writer of the map. This was one of the early code maps (the way they were generated isn't quite the same as it is now so you won't find this one in the code map sections however). Beating this map will require at least one of LS drone evasion, burying a microrift underground and flying the LS up, or extremely meticulous timing.

Kava09

Hard one. I hate drone evasion...

SmileyCoder

Ohh, that was a fun map. Required alot of new thinking about how to approach a map.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

florrat

Yay, finally beat this map. I didn't like the drone evasion very much, but the challenge was great. I did not use microrifts in the beginning by the way...

Ringo

Looks nice reminds me of that nouns map shields up with the drones and all but i am going to regret downloading it.