Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10430: MiniMap

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 40x40

Desc:

Weasee

Thanks for this map :-)

I was thinking about this one, and how there is really only one solution possible.
Perhaps it would appeal to more players if there were more solutions available, but obviously not as efficient as the intended solution?

e.g.
Spoiler
* the top AC emitter could be closer, so it could be nullified. Then a long wait for the lower emitter to clear all the AC.
* having beams available to counter the spores if the player couldn't get to the message before the spores fire
* a terp to maybe make a wall to separate the AC and creeper, guiding to the wall that needs destroying
* some other solution involving flying the CN to some spot that needs to be cleared
[close]
and so on!

Martin Gronsdal

So how did you do it and thanks for playing and commenting.

Weasee

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on December 08, 2022, 06:23:29 PMSo how did you do it and thanks for playing and commenting.

I did:
Spoiler
* fill up the main pad with sprayers, set to collect AC and send back to CN.
* as the sprayers fill up, move them to the L-shaped access path, and destroy them (moves the AC there)
* use forge to increase ac storage
* wait for the creeper to hit the wall that needs destroying
* nullify the emitter, drop a sprayer on the PZ to clear it
* nullify the spore, collect the message
[close]

rennervate

nice map. would be great to implement something like this on large maps. but that would take a lot of time. martin - you have the wrong job!
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

rennervate

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Martin Gronsdal

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on December 09, 2022, 11:36:09 AMWeasee, I'm surprised you didn't see it ;)

Found it while I was trying out the strategy Wease posted!

Weasee

Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on December 09, 2022, 04:18:12 PM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on December 09, 2022, 11:36:09 AMWeasee, I'm surprised you didn't see it ;)

Found it while I was trying out the strategy Wease posted!

lol, I wrote exactly the solution, just with the wrong unit ha ha ha!

Martin Gronsdal