Started by AutoPost, November 30, 2022, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10413: Ore map, no tricks - harder - 3

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x150

Desc:

Weasee

Hmm, well, I can get everything up to the last 4 emitters at the top left. But they just seem too strong to get a foot hold. Any hints?

Martin Gronsdal

Play hard and party harder, Weasee.

I have to admit, you asking for hints is like the king giving an acknowledging nod!

Weasee

:-D well, it did feel pretty weird typing that instead of something like "too easy!"

is it just a case of dumping sprayers into the top area or.... ? didn't seem to be able to create enough AC for it to work

Martin Gronsdal

Go hard and smart. Need lots of everything, but in a refined way

Dave!

Same problem, got too the last 4 emitters and couldn't overcome them in a resonable amount of time.If the solution is too mass suicide waves of  sprayers for 30min its not my kind of map.

Martin Gronsdal

mass suicide of sprayers is more an insurance to keep the nulifier alive. Choose one PZ at the time and defend it.

Weasee

with what though? The only thing (unless we are missing something) is sprayers, and they do not seem to be enough to even dent the creeper. I think you might have to spell out exactly how to do it.

Martin Gronsdal

so if you look at the map, all the emitters are in the range of 400, plus/minus 4 or 5 because of the terrain/height difference. This makes the creeper level smooth at the start of the game. This, of course doesn't mean anything for the solution, other than that the creeper will never try to become more/higher than 400.

Spoiler
That means that you can beat the entire level until the last two islands, and as long as you can deal with the spores, you can leave the game on 4 x speed for 10 hours, and it won't become harder to finish than if you attacked immediately - agree? That, because the creeper level will still be 400 or so, when you attack.

That again means that you have all the time in your life to build bombers, on PZ and regular land, you can disarm them, and make them fly to any spot on the map, thus allowing the pad to become replenished. When you'll attack the islands, you can send everything at individual PZ's. Some 30-50 bombers will overwhelme creeper for enough time to build a nullifier. Then rinse and repeat. Suicidal sprayers can be used as insurance.

oh, and the first PZ you get for free - using the leftmost PZ on the second island from top left.
[close]

Weasee

I totally agree with all your comments! Except I can't see how to do this part:
Spoiler
Some 30-50 bombers will overwhelme creeper for enough time to build a nullifier.
[close]
There is an air-exclusion zone covering that top block, so
Spoiler
I can't see how to use bombers there. And can't see how to nullify that top air exclusion node without first clearing the creep
[close]

sirtohomas

I agree with Weasee.  The air exclusion zone is preventing me from getting a foothold up there.  Is it beatable as currently designed?

Martin Gronsdal

yes, it's beatable, but you have to be precise with what you do

on one hand,
Spoiler
you'll need AC delivered by bombers near your intented goal, supplied by sprayers on "always on". Then you'll need a few sprayers placed ON the top island, on "always on" too. And, before you build your nullifier, you will need to suicide a few sprayers as well. Boosting forge on packet speed and build speed helps a lot....
[close]

Weasee

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on December 04, 2022, 04:11:50 PMyes, it's beatable, but you have to be precise with what you do

on one hand,
Spoiler
you'll need AC delivered by bombers near your intented goal, supplied by sprayers on "always on". Then you'll need a few sprayers placed ON the top island, on "always on" too. And, before you build your nullifier, you will need to suicide a few sprayers as well. Boosting forge on packet speed and build speed helps a lot....
[close]

I did exactly this, but even with all that, I could only get the very lower right corner of the island clear. The AC was overflowing the lower island into the void, but then the bombers ran out of AC and I lost again. Sad Weasee.