Custom Map #938: Micro nexus Day 1

Started by AutoPost, March 08, 2012, 09:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #938: Micro nexus Day 1

Author: Don

Desc:
Beging of the series.Begins where Dax and aliana get lost in space.

Kilroyinc

Hey Don,

Nice map.  I'm looking forward to more in your series. :)

Junk303

I've given up, tired of sending bombs on the Nexus, doing no damage... can't figure out how to get rid of it.

teknotiss

you need to be hitting the nexus with one or more dark beams, and keep detonating conversion bombs next to it. there must be 0 creeper (any amount of AC is OK) under the center of the nexus and the only way to do this is to create a grid of db's criss-crossing the nexus, think a tic tac toe/ 0&X's board and build the cbombs in the gaps, loads of c bombs (with 3 or more db's it's easier as the beams will keep getting broken so sometimes the grid falls apart if a mirror gets hit, multi db's means less cbombs getting destroyed by creeper / drones)
good luck
reply/pm me if you need a screen shot of what i mean (if you do i will reload and screeny that mission)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

Quote from: Junk303 on March 09, 2012, 05:12:46 PM
I've given up, tired of sending bombs on the Nexus, doing no damage... can't figure out how to get rid of it.

The approach for any nexus is the same as for the Nexus in Day 20. You have to "drown" it in anti-creeper for the dark beams to destroy it.

pocketdare

Yay!  I do so hate battling a nexus and wish people would stop putting them in maps. So you can imagine that I absolutely love maps that enable you to destroy a nexus before it activates! In that case, the map is more like a speed run challenge / puzzle.