Game starts but can not enter any sectors

Started by Mopfafa, June 12, 2016, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopfafa

I got the game on steam. Have been playing for a long time without any problems. Today I started it up and when I get to the menu screen nothing happens when I try to go to alpha sector (or any other). I get the little sound when I hover the mouse over "Alpha Sector" text but I can not click it.

None of the buttons below work either (DMD, Settings etc).

Weird thing is that the exit button works...

I got a PC.

Builder17

Try do full reboot.

If it doesn't work , disable steam overlay.

Mopfafa

Did a uninstall and reinstall. Disabled steam overlay. Still doesnt work...

Anyone have any other suggestions?

It has worked without problems up until tonight. I have not changed anything on my part.

knucracker

Right click, go to properties, then the betas tab and choose the 2.08 version.  Completely restart the steam client.... see if that makes any difference.

Mopfafa

Thanks Virgil that worked!

Great to have the game designer come in and answer lol :) Love your game and hope you develop more.

nijotz

Hi, I'm having the same problem.  OSX, no steam overlay.  Tried 2.08 but wouldn't even start, even with a steam reboot

knucracker

If 2.08 won't start, I'd do a full system reboot (not just steam) and then reinstall 2.08.  Sounds like something might have become corrupt or a permission issue.

If it still fails, take a look at the log file immediately after you start.  That may indicate the problem:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=16476.0