victory conditions

Started by Azraile, May 21, 2014, 11:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azraile

I'm trying to figure out how to set a vitory condition...

there a few maps I'm working on that have ideas i'm working on

map 1 - when all of a certen kind of CRPL core is gone and one is powered up fully.

map 2 - victory when shields are build in center places...

map 3 - victory when a certen core is powered up fully

Azraile

x.x sorry I thought I was posting this in coders corner x.x

planetfall

The map will only complete when all enemies are destroyed. So you will have to add an extra core, that cannot damaged by nullifiers, that detects these conditions, and when they are met, destroys all the enemies including itself.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Michionlion

Isn't there an explicit 'win mission' message, akin to the FailMission method?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grayzzur

Not exactly. There's a "DestroyAllEnemyUnits" command which should effectively do the same thing. It's not documented on the wiki, but it takes no arguments and does pretty much exactly what it's name implies. I've had some situations where it doesn't cause a win condition, but it's possible that is due to some of my old test maps being bugged from older versions.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

knucracker

DestroyAllEnemyUnits should do the trick most of the time I believe.  It destroys all units on the map that are target-able by nullifiers.

Grayzzur

So, unless you have some CRPL Cores that can't be destroyed by nullifers but are required for victory, that should do the trick then. If you do, it wouldn't be hard to destroy those manually in CRPL.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Karsten75

Quote from: Grayzzur on May 22, 2014, 11:16:51 AM
Not exactly. There's a "DestroyAllEnemyUnits" command which should effectively do the same thing. It's not documented on the wiki, but it takes no arguments and does pretty much exactly what it's name implies. I've had some situations where it doesn't cause a win condition, but it's possible that is due to some of my old test maps being bugged from older versions.

And

Quote from: Azraile on May 21, 2014, 04:26:22 PM
the inhibitor image oddly isn't on the wiki

We should help Virgil to keep the wiki well-stocked. :) So instead of him sitting there wondering what time today will be the best time to release the new game on Kongregate, we can make a list of these things and he can fill in the omissions. :)