AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3158: map 23

Author: yum234
Size: 140x100

Desc:
Good luck in hard map battle!

yum-forum

Wow! Most low rating of all maps!  :)
In this game important smart start and strategy...
Not so hard map!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

RealAndy

Well I got to where the 7 spore towers first go off, nearly survived it too, will have to go back and be more efficient.

A very good map so far.  Yes, it is a bit of thinking to start with, my hint would be that you don't stick with your first CN, that is only used to build a terp to flatten a spot for a different CN.

Jerdog

You made the map.  You know the tricks.  You know exactly what you are supposed to do. 

For me:  life's too short to try again.  I really don't care.

As for ratings: I don't rate maps I don't finish.

yum-forum

Quote from: Jerdog on February 12, 2016, 10:52:49 PM
You made the map.  You know the tricks.  You know exactly what you are supposed to do. 

For me:  life's too short to try again.  I really don't care.

As for ratings: I don't rate maps I don't finish.
Thank You for comments.
In this map I made only unusual begining. Thinking logically only one way to start:
build collector to get "terp tech", build terp with energy, send it to other area to prepare space for CN,
in the same time build one Beam with energy and move CN and Beam to prepared by terp point. :)
Then usual map with hard battle...

last

D0m0nik

I enjoyed it and found it to be a very good challenge. The spores are a great challenge, the 7 spore wave is probably too much unless you have taken some PZs for beams though.

I had to restart this map at least 3 times which is something I never have to do which is a sign of a tricky map.

Would have been more of a challenge if the boss emitter was further to the left as you can just go down the far left using the PZs to take it quite easily.

Loren Pechtel

I'm too slow for this map.  When the big storms arrive I simply don't have enough beams to stop them, nor is there space to build more.  Obviously I need to expand more but I haven't been able to.

Johnny Haywire

Another old map of Yum's that's worth going back and playing, if you like a decent challenge. It's just a vanilla map but it's tricky and well-done.

Alter Old's score (as usual) is insane. I'm satisfied and quite happy to be in a distance 2nd place.  ;D

I bet several of you can beat my score, as we've all improved our skills over the years. Go for it!  ;)

And as always, thanks for making some really cool, difficult maps Yum!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on February 18, 2020, 01:14:49 PM
Another old map of Yum's that's worth going back and playing, if you like a decent challenge. It's just a vanilla map but it's tricky and well-done.

Alter Old's score (as usual) is insane. I'm satisfied and quite happy to be in a distance 2nd place.  ;D

I bet several of you can beat my score, as we've all improved our skills over the years. Go for it!  ;)

And as always, thanks for making some really cool, difficult maps Yum!  ;D ;D

Very glad to get such comments! Big thanks and You are welcome!  :D
last

Lightforger

Somewhat tricky snipe with guppy, cannon and shield.
Took a few tries to find the strategy, and then a few dozen more attempts to beat alter :)

Johnny Haywire

Wow dude, amazing time!

I've honestly never used shields unless forced to do so. Not exactly sure why - maybe because of how squishy they are. But it's obvious that they have a very effective use in this game.

QuoteTook a few tries to find the strategy, and then a few dozen more attempts to beat alter

Your persistence paid off, I'd say - Grats!  ;D

... maybe some of the other expert micro'ers will have a go at it too. :o
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Alter Old

Quote from: Lightforger
...to beat alter :)
Good job! Аccidentally looked in here.  And...
As usual, forgive for my English.

yum-forum

Quote from: Alter Old on March 20, 2020, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Lightforger
...to beat alter :)
Good job! Аccidentally looked in here.  And...

All 4 this persons are very respectable in our Community! Very glad! Good lu to all!   :D
last

marvinitfox

Nice golden oldie.
Bit of a tricksy start,
and its absolutely essential that you attain dominance before those 7-spore tower volleys start.

But aside from that, easy enough.

A nice, fun map in the old style. :)

yum-forum

Quote from: marvinitfox on March 21, 2020, 07:09:45 AM
Nice golden oldie.
Bit of a tricksy start,
and its absolutely essential that you attain dominance before those 7-spore tower volleys start.

But aside from that, easy enough.

A nice, fun map in the old style. :)

Very glad to get so kind post. You are welcome!  :D
last