No maps displayed in CS

Started by teknotiss, February 26, 2014, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

i open CW3 today about 10 mins ago (14:45GMT) and CS has all the maps but isn't showing any minimaps, i had a bit of a scout through the maps and it seems to be total.
downloading and launching maps seems fine.
what data, if any, do you need from me? i'm guessing this is a server issue?
or should my PC hold those minimaps somewhere?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

ok that was just one of those bugs i guess cos it was ok after i went to projects and then back to origin and then to CS. hmm ah well a wasted post  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Relli

Not necessarily. This happens to me often. It seems to me, with my limited knowledge, that it's simply loading images too slowly at times. I believe I have seen it load up after the fact, but usually it requires a refresh like you did.

teknotiss

Quote from: Relli on February 26, 2014, 10:40:45 AM
Not necessarily. This happens to me often. It seems to me, with my limited knowledge, that it's simply loading images too slowly at times. I believe I have seen it load up after the fact, but usually it requires a refresh like you did.

well it's a bit odd, cos i tried going into DMD and back and that didn't work, but projects did ??? ho hum so it goes!

knucracker

I made a guess as to what the problem might be... and I was able to reproduce it on the first try.  Basically, if you go into CS and then exit very quickly you will get the problem.  Also, there must be images that need to be downloaded.  Normally, once an image is downloaded it is cached and not downloaded again.  I figured there must be some problem with downloading images and then aborting that be leaving CS.  So I'll see if I can come up with a fix.  In the mean time if you go into CS and see images downloading, just sit there for a sec until they finish before doing anything.

teknotiss

Quote from: virgilw on February 26, 2014, 01:40:31 PM
I made a guess as to what the problem might be... and I was able to reproduce it on the first try.  Basically, if you go into CS and then exit very quickly you will get the problem.  Also, there must be images that need to be downloaded.  Normally, once an image is downloaded it is cached and not downloaded again.  I figured there must be some problem with downloading images and then aborting that be leaving CS.  So I'll see if I can come up with a fix.  In the mean time if you go into CS and see images downloading, just sit there for a sec until they finish before doing anything.

oh, that'll be it, i went for CS whwn i intended to go for DMD, then changed my mind, i shall be slow at clicking in future. cheers V :)