uploading map problem

Started by Michionlion, August 19, 2011, 06:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Ok, I can't upload the map that I just made.  I made sure its the right file, and I submitted a score.  It doesn't give an error, i'm unable to click the 'upload button'. 

EDIT: i reproduced this with the same map.  although this might be related: it says that its not the right filename, that it has to end in .cw2, which it does...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

If there are any other . characters in the filename, that is usually the cause.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

ok, i guess i have to play it again then.  it  did have a . in it
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

You don't have to play it again if you just rename the map file before uploading.  Just changing the file name to something else doesn't change the map's Id.  If you save it again from the editor, that is another story...

Michionlion

ah....  well, i played it again anyway.  thx for the tip though, its good to know!
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

lich98

My map said dicrition must be between 0 and the max. charater amounts so forgot to add this when i changed it. the system said i needed to resend score the level took me 45 minutes to finish do i really have to do it again
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Karsten75

Quote from: lich98 on August 21, 2011, 01:15:05 PM
My map said dicrition must be between 0 and the max. charater amounts so forgot to add this when i changed it. the system said i needed to resend score the level took me 45 minutes to finish do i really have to do it again

What?

knucracker

It took me a minute to figure out what you were saying :)
I think you were saying that you did not add a map description and that you can't upload your map.  If so, try it again.  I had a check on the server for a description field and this should be optional.

Note that if you really did mean to put a description and you want to post the map that has a description, then yes you have to post a score before it can be uploaded.

lich98

I finished the map and played it and submitted a score before a descritption was added. That was a mistake on my part. I guess I'll finish it again.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra