jovencoting

Started by Someone, October 06, 2013, 10:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Seeker

I do understand that it doesnt work exactly that way, however i find this kind of "steady state analysis" helpful in determining strategies that would work for maps.  This allows you to get a feel for what you need if you want to TERPtle.  On larger maps you get to worry about the creeper latter. On this small of a map the amount of creeper not headed your way after a few minutes is not large allowing for a good estimate based on total creeper production.  I also do not see enough energy for any strategies even that would be a rush.
Aspire to Inspire

whitneyw

Sorry for the necropost, but I'm pretty stumped on this one.  I got the converter (barely) with collectors a guppy and a pulse cannon, but converting doesn't give me enough time to build a nullifier.  All I can figure to do now is wait for the creeper to top-out at 126 deep across the whole map, convert a corner and hope for the best.  I'm not terribly optimistic.

Nephthys

FWIW, I recall an earlier thread where it was agreed by several excellent players that Jovencoting was impossible. That has been a while back though, like not long after CW3 was released. I see this thread started around that time but there were different comments & user names as I recall. Guess I'm not much help. lol

Also, I don't know if there is more than one Jovencoting. I've seen duplicate map names here & there.

EDIT: Also FWIW, there is a thread on page 3 started by "Someone" that lists the impossible maps. I don't know how to post the link to it, but maybe you can find it.

Grayzzur

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14214.0

There's the link.

Notes for Nephthys:
1) Get the URL for the forum post you want to link.
2) In the post editor, click the Insert Hyperlink button
3) Paste the URL in between the tags
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Nephthys

Quote from: Grayzzur on June 24, 2014, 08:30:59 PM

Notes for Nephthys:
1) Get the URL for the forum post you want to link.
2) In the post editor, click the Insert Hyperlink button
3) Paste the URL in between the tags

Late Reply: TYVM!