Best of the Alpha Sector

Started by TonyP2000, October 05, 2013, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 09, 2013, 10:36:22 AM
I gave Point to Point a shot and gave up after the second wave of spores.

sorry they are a bit heavy  ::), but once you get some PZ's the spore stop being an issue

i also love TonyP2000's Warzone Classic. i played it when we didn't have forges or berthas and i saw it would be cool with some more units, now it's updated it's one of my favourite huge maps
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Harkler

Graunaid: Waternaris is probably my favorite Alpha map because it was the first difficult map that I beat. virgilw: Brain was pretty cool too, but once you recognize the pattern, it becomes a button mashing test.

JF-T

So far I've only really played one which was Brain. I liked it, it took me about 20 minutes to beat it pretty much since i usually catch on slowly with puzzles, when i got to 5 i caught onto the order and the puzzle's key.
I plan on giving Metroid a try when i have an hour to spend. an hour if not more :)

I'll probly play much more on the 23rd.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Sohee

all of teknotiss map. ;) i'm fan!
his maps took out my whole day;;

not easy. not too hard. fun and challenge for my skill.
i hope his next map in colonial space.

..except thor's thunder. FPS(frame per second) is too low to play. :(

NNR_Alex

Madmog's Metroid is kicking my ass right now.  I know what it is, I suck with energy management, so my spore towers aren't getting recharged, but I'm starting to last a little longer, actually had a forge up and running for a bit, just need to work in energy management and careful expansion.  So on that note I bet 'point to point' is going to give me hell too, we'll see.

I'm done with all of Virgil's maps now.  Nacdar was fun, I took to the 'wall myself in' strategy rather than approaching it how he did it.  I couldn't even remember how he dealt with the runners in that map, but I don't think he'd designed snipers yet anyways.  That was another map that I had to restart a few times.

teknotiss

Quote from: Sohee on October 12, 2013, 11:50:20 PM
all of teknotiss map. ;) i'm fan!
his maps took out my whole day;;

not easy. not too hard. fun and challenge for my skill.
i hope his next map in colonial space.

cheers dude, nice to hear!  8)
sorry about thor's slowness, if you turn the creeper and air units transparent and turn off mist effects it'll speed it a little, but it is a heavy map. it's a little slow on my 3.5Ghz quad-core with 4 Gb of RAM so prob not one for the lower end machines.
i should probably make a smaller version for thor's thunder 2!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on October 13, 2013, 09:22:30 AM
Quote from: Sohee on October 12, 2013, 11:50:20 PM

cheers dude, nice to hear!  8)
sorry about thor's slowness, if you turn the creeper and air units transparent and turn off mist effects it'll speed it a little, but it is a heavy map. it's a little slow on my 3.5Ghz quad-core with 4 Gb of RAM so prob not one for the lower end machines.
i should probably make a smaller version for thor's thunder 2!

I just played it (again) and still like it. It keeps you engaged the entire time.

*Problem*
There are no scores registered for completion - even mine. I tried registering twice and the on-line score table is still blank.
H

J

Quote from: Helper on October 16, 2013, 08:08:55 AM
*Problem*
There are no scores registered for completion - even mine. I tried registering twice and the on-line score table is still blank.
Already reported on another board, might have to do with the ' in the name

Helper

Quote from: J on October 16, 2013, 08:12:21 AM
*Problem*

Thank you.
In that case, I did it in 3 1/2 minutes.
;)

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on October 16, 2013, 08:22:28 AM
Quote from: J on October 16, 2013, 08:12:21 AM
*Problem*

Thank you.
In that case, I did it in 3 1/2 minutes.
;)

Whaaat! you did "thor's thunder" in 3.5 mins ??? ?

wow i thought some who got really aggressive would get under 10 but 3.5 is criminally easy for that map!
thor is a bit OP, perhaps someone could CRPL me a micro thor? no beams and 33% power weapons? and a third the size?  :D

Helper

tek -
Sorry...I was lying through my teeth.

The real time was about 44:30.
A really good player can probably get that down to about 30:00, but it would take some concentrated effort. I got smacked about half-way through with one stinking Spore and had to regroup a little bit.

That was a really fun game and I'll give it another go at some point.

teknotiss

ahh -sigh of relief- :) i figured some of the speed kings could get it done much faster then me, but i thought 10 or so would be the absolute fastest, 30+ will be the average for sure. i like the thor unit, but making a map still fun with it is tricky ::)

TonyP2000

I am going to have to try this Thor's Thunder next time I get the chance, it sounds like a challenge.
Vote Tony!

TonyP2000

Just finished Chunk from MuadDib, now that is one hell of a battle. Give it a shot if you like huge maps.

And tek, I finally tried Thor's Thunder, that was chaotic! Never got to finish it though.
Vote Tony!

teknotiss

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 18, 2013, 02:15:36 PM
Just finished Chunk from MuadDib, now that is one hell of a battle. Give it a shot if you like huge maps.

And tek, I finally tried Thor's Thunder, that was chaotic! Never got to finish it though.

Muad's maps are pretty cool, Chunk was fun! thor's thunder is a bit messy, but if you move fast you can kill the emitters on the right and then grab the rightside second thor, once that's done = win!  :D