Best of the Alpha Sector

Started by TonyP2000, October 05, 2013, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyP2000

It seems like people are starting to finish off the game and make it to the alpha sector. I think its a good time to start some discussion on our personal favourite alpha maps.

I never played too many maps myself (but when I do, I will post them here), my favourite so far are:
Metriod by MadMag
NACDAR by virgilw
Vote Tony!

Valley

TonyP2000

CuriosityStation is awesome because it came out right around the time the rover landed.
Vote Tony!

Valley

Flood walls by koker93.. Good stuff..

Valley

Quote from: Valley on October 05, 2013, 10:29:30 PM
Flood walls by koker93.. Good stuff..

Haha computer slowed down towards the end of this one.. Getting a strong hold on that last ridge was tough.. But once you nullify one.. The rest are soon to follow..

So I thought I was finished.. But I missed an emitter in the middle of the map.. Just glad it was being capped haha.. That could have been bad. Don't know how I missed it.

TonyP2000

Give "Earth" by Fisherck a try. Good throw back to the CW1 days.
Vote Tony!

Valley

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 06, 2013, 05:30:28 PM
Give "Earth" by Fisherck a try. Good throw back to the CW1 days.

Nice catch. Will have to try that one after football or tomorrow.

Katra

'Solar System Shakeup' by Fisherck makes you really think about how to invade each planet.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Helper

Concur with 'Solar System Shakeup' - fun game.

I don't usually like the really big games, but tek's "point to point" was a lot of fun.

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on October 08, 2013, 08:37:07 AM
I don't usually like the really big games, but tek's "point to point" was a lot of fun.
cheers chap!  8)
my fav at the moment is CMan's "Beau Jest" tricky to get a foothold and not too long to wrap up.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

I've barely played maps in other systems but my current favorite is childs play by J. I've also played teks point to point but I got bored at around 38%. Interesting start though.

Miksu

My mind was blown when I read this thread... There is more than Virgilw's alpha maps O_o

TonyP2000

Quote from: Miksu on October 08, 2013, 04:59:14 PM
My mind was blown when I read this thread... There is more than Virgilw's alpha maps O_o

There is a lot more than V's maps lol. In fact he does not even have the most maps contributed to that sector. That award goes to J with 17 maps.
Vote Tony!

Cavemaniac

My favourite Alpha map vote goes to:

teknotiss - Clear your castle.

It's the one right at the end of the demo trailer with the words 'Massive Fun' overlaid.

Too true.

If you just like blowing stuff up, this is the map for you.

Also a big fan of tek's Runner a farm for some 'back to our CW1 roots' action.

My favourite map I created (can I vote for my own maps?!) is The Great Divide - which ironically is actually a DMD map with a few subtle tweeks to gameplay.

That darn Dial Map Device is way smarter and way more creative than me...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

TonyP2000

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 08, 2013, 09:49:13 PM
My favourite map I created (can I vote for my own maps?!) is The Great Divide - which ironically is actually a DMD map with a few subtle tweeks to gameplay.

Personally, the best map that I made my self is Total War. Tons of different ways to beat it.

I gave Point to Point a shot and gave up after the second wave of spores.
Vote Tony!