alpha - j - creeper wall 2 walkthrough

Started by hbarudi, April 19, 2014, 02:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

I am completely stuck on this map, creeper wall is too strong and map doesn't have build space and WHY NO TERP?
With terp I can flatten the area and set up a middle base that can survive between 1 wall while rebuilding things that die and allow me to continue attacking the creeper.
Is there a walkthrough for this map?

J

Quote from: hbarudi on April 19, 2014, 02:06:01 AM
I am completely stuck on this map, creeper wall is too strong and map doesn't have build space and WHY NO TERP?
Because with a terp, you can waste your energy and time by flattening the map making it even harder to survive :P
With terp I can flatten the area and set up a middle base that can survive between 1 wall while rebuilding things that die and allow me to continue attacking the creeper.
Is there a walkthrough for this map?
There are a few places you can build bertha's, connect these using collectors. Collectors are cheaper and, unlike relays, produce energy. At the right side of your base build reactors as fast as possible for energy. Slowly start building bertha's and a few mortars. Remember to manually target bertha's at the wall to prevent them from shooting into the sea on the left. Also build a cannon to clear the last bits of creeper (much cheaper than a bertha shot). Remember: energy management is the key of this map and many other maps.

hbarudi

I want a youtube walkthrough,
Why terp or flatter land, I was thinking if I had my command nodes in the middle area of the map, I can use collectors for energy, with each passing wall the part of my base that gets destroyed I can rebuild, then be able to survive longer since a few mortars can slow down the creeper deposited by wall.
Also the bertha damage is very weak on that wall, I can't damage the wall at all and not much bertha building space,
The reason I used relays, I was trying to hurry, but where the creeper is under my command nodes in this screenshot, I had my reactors that died.

spinkman

Took about 4 tries but I got it...
here is the end result for bertha locations.
generators + bertha = repeat within a minimal power deficit so the berthas reload fast and new generators come online quickly.
you need to juggle nodes on both sides of the wall as it passes.