Custom Map #814: 2.11 The Way to Hope

Started by AutoPost, February 10, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #814: 2.11 The Way to Hope

Author: Link327

Desc:
The Station is finished. Now you need to help FE1 to get the ressource he needs to stop it. The last hope...

DethbyIT

I had a lot of fun with this map and is one of those that I'll play again.
Thanks for putting it together.
dbit

Link327

The Final Mission of the 2.X Campaign is also underway...im just fighting with the problem, that I need a Nexus as enemy, because an emitter is too weak, but the Nexus with it's drones is too strong.... I wish there would be a nexus without drones :(
Link327

J

I wish I could edit nexus' settings too. You could give your emitter more health but that doesn't work the same way :(

You could set the activation time to 0 and it doesn't spawn emitters or explode (it still does when you kill it)

Link327

But also on actvation time 0 it spawns drones :( And in my mission you have exactly 1 Dark Beam, not more and you cant even use it completely from Beginning on. And I doubt you can block Drones with 50 health and that speed with a handful blasters on lv 2...
Link327

J

Then you could put some AC around the nexus to weaken the drones. I don't know any other way to do it. (if the activation time is more than 0 you may need to add a trigger, put some solid terrain in range of the nexus and let a field move through (you can't take creeper into ground but once it's gone they can!) it and then to the nexus, read the advanced field/gravity guide for more triggers)

EDIT: added map, first time: don't dig any ground, second time: dig all ground.

Link327

Actually i almost got it playable. Some few drones were still attacking, but you could defend against taht.
Poorly - A Drone Hit the Dark beam. You cannot rebuild it. How to kill a nexus without a dark beam..... build 1000 Nullifiers? xD

The Map is underway! There is still the possibility of a drone killing the DB, but this makes it even more challening.
Link327

J

Nullifiers can't damage a nexus, but nice to hear you got it playable.

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Link327

It would able you to "crash" the Story. There is an AC-Formation that looks like the THOR from CW1, and inside it is the Dark beam. I don't want any Dark beam anywhere else, so you need to protect it.
Link327

Ebon Heart

Repulsors on the Thor are a great way to get a little extra defense up right at the start. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Link327

Can someone pls be so nice explaining me the trick to do this map in under 1 min?
Link327

DethbyIT

fitz

This map is really fooling me. I can't even see how to do it in 30 minutes, let alone one. I killed off most of the (weak) emitters and then it was a slog.  ???

Kithros

That's an interesting bug, the LS can send packets to the remnants (it's an acquisition mission) while flying right over it even if there's creeper covering it, and for some reason the deficit lets it send out huge numbers of packets at once.