Custom Map #611: Save me!

Started by AutoPost, December 26, 2011, 08:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #611: Save me!

Author: Lich98

Desc:
Go save the rest of your crew.

Dalas

Nice map.  Love the hidden 500K (I only found one, don't know if there are more).  Also, how would you recommend getting the best time?  I'm trying it with tech domes and packet speed upgrades, but let me know if there is a better way.

jepler

I don't see much to improve speed.  You're limited by how fast you can dig, so beyond moving your ship a cell to the left and building tech as fast as you can while digging at full speed I don't think there's much improvement to be made.

fitz

Quote from: Dalas on December 26, 2011, 09:16:35 PM
how would you recommend getting the best time?  I'm trying it with tech domes and packet speed upgrades, but let me know if there is a better way.

Well that's the best I can do. Maximise packet speed without losing out on the digging speed. Go easy on the tech domes at the start as you will spend your time building them rather than digging.

Relli

Aww. I got 3:24, but my score doesn't seem to be showing up in the list.
Loved the map. Like Deth, I had to do it once to figure it out, and then 3 more times to get the speed I did. And I know there's at least one thing I could have done to get a slightly better time.
Keep up the maps, Lich. They're fun to play :D

fitz

Quote from: Riluna on December 27, 2011, 11:41:07 AM
I got 3:24, but my score doesn't seem to be showing up in the list.

Yes it is on the list, You are 28th at the moment.

lich98

I`m glad you like them. i have an anoucement to make about my gem series, progress is slow on the next map, im trying to make a complexe map in which I have a "well off death" idea. it is hard to get to do what i want and i hope to have it out soon
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Relli

Ah, I see. It's ranked by points, not by time. That's just never mattered before, since usually time directly affects score. Guess that means others got every gem, not just the ones that were most convenient. Of course, I no longer hold the fastest time anyway. I'd love to see what zx did.

Fisherck

Fun map, but my only problem with it was that I had to open up the editor to figure out what to do. And other players may not specifically know that a nexus needs creeper to build. This map could frustrate people in multiple ways.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

DethbyIT

Quote from: Fisherck on December 28, 2011, 03:11:46 PM
Fun map, but my only problem with it was that I had to open up the editor to figure out what to do. And other players may not specifically know that a nexus needs creeper to build. This map could frustrate people in multiple ways.

I think you hit the nail on the head - as reflected in the voting. My first run through was like playing hide and seek, but the second time was more focused.

I enjoyed playing.

dbit

lich98

There is one terrian piece that is marked with a 25 terrain tile. shouldn`t that be interesting?
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Grauniad

I wouldn't worry too much. I didn't open the map editor, just dug until I found the "secret." After that another run to see how fast I could do it. Map's fine as it is. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

eudrick

Judicious use of the "R" key with the field viewer enabled will give you all the info you need.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

lich98

Quote from: eudrick on December 30, 2011, 11:49:21 PM
Judicious use of the "R" key with the field viewer enabled will give you all the info you need.
right  (that's why I made it)...
Spoiler
I feel dumb now.  :P
[close]
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra