Custom Map #1899: The Death Spece

Started by AutoPost, January 19, 2013, 11:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1899: The Death Spece

Author: Holy Spirit

Desc:

Karsten75

Really tricky map, I keep thinking/hoping I can win, but I just *cannot* get that 7th capsule in time. I'm going to delete this map from my list of maps, since I can't suffer this much map rage.

You may say it's "a challenge too far" ... :)

Angel

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 19, 2013, 03:57:38 PM

It's just like a map i'd make ;D
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Karsten75

Quote from: Angel on January 19, 2013, 04:46:49 PM

Sure, I look forward to seeing your score on there. :)

snowmaker (JM)

This is definitely hard.... perfect timing and choosing the right upgrades.... I am doing other things while the mortars are destroying the millions and millions of creeper  :-\

Karsten75

Wow, nice work. I take it that means you saved the 7th capsule?  I was several layers of dirt away... :(

snowmaker (JM)

I pushed the creeper (top of board) to the left and barely got two blasters in for the 4th-6th (used extended range and fire rate)... built 3 shields for the 7th just in time. Maybe something in here will help others.  ;)

edit:
Attached is an image of where I am

Grauniad

My guess is that you are further than 90% will ever get. :) According to the map maker's time/score, you have another 2 hours to go... I'm confident you can probably shave a few minutes off that. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Grauniad on January 19, 2013, 07:05:15 PM
My guess is that you are further than 90% will ever get. :) According to the map maker's time/score, you have another 2 hours to go... I'm confident you can probably shave a few minutes off that. :)

We'll see if I have the patience. I did love the beginning, even though it took me about 10 different starts to figure things out.

Angel

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 19, 2013, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: Angel on January 19, 2013, 04:46:49 PM

Sure, I look forward to seeing your score on there. :)
My score aint gonna be up there :P
This map is like map #1738...
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Kithros

This map got way too boring after the first 10 minutes. Nothing to do with the difficulty, killing that much creeper by spamming launchers is boring as hell.

EDIT: Incidentally, for the 7th capsule you can use repulsors to push anti-creeper through the fields on the left - it's possible to completely destroy the left emitter and all the creeper there before the terrain decays through.

As for the emitters under the 7th capsule, it's possible to pretty much break them by taking advantage of creeper overflows - I didn't use any weapons for attacking creeper there (except for the creeper the drones left behind). It makes it a lot less annoying, and also lets you focus your energy on the bottom part of the map.

Karsten75

I can kick myself. I tried again, actually managed to retrieve the 7th capsule, then only to die a slow death at the inexorable advance of the creeper. I guess for some reason I had no opportunity to destroy the right-hand emitter at the top. I might have tried a little more, but I lost all my blasters and I saw those slow drones approaching. SO i did finally just quit and deleted the game.

TOON

Hi everybody... Need help for this map. Cannot protect the liberation ship from the near two creeper emitter, or, if i only do it, cannot rescue the first 6 capsules... Help please.....

Someone

to save the 6 capsule,when the game is start,pause it first then dig the left terrain beside the capsule and get the capsule
then put some shield at each decayable terrain,wait it to decay,before it put some reactor first and build 2 blaster

i think that will worked out,sry for my bad english

TOON

Quote from: Someone on January 30, 2013, 09:18:03 AM
to save the 6 capsule,when the game is start,pause it first then dig the left terrain beside the capsule and get the capsule
then put some shield at each decayable terrain,wait it to decay,before it put some reactor first and build 2 blaster

i think that will worked out,sry for my bad english

Thanks but, i think tha tmy english is bad too ;) - I've already saved the first 6 capsules. Then, when I try to pass on the left and right side of the liberation ship, cannot pass, even cannot put any shied to protect the zone a bit. May be I should work on the top of the map first? or anyhowelse? but cannot rescue the 7th capsule.
May be somone told how to do in the posts but i didn't understand.
Sameone can help?