Custom Map #9621: The lonly node. By: Samuhenry

Started by AutoPost, July 31, 2021, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9621: The lonly node

Author: Samuhenry
Size: 200x160

Desc:
A different kind of Sleepermap. There is one Sleeepernode which has been modified to be weaker. But there also are the regular enemies (Emitters, Spores, etc.) and they will survive the explosion of the Sleepernode this time. This is more of a map with a sleeper added to it instead of a full on Sleepermap. Credit to Telanir for the Sleepermap-template!

Johnny Haywire

Some really cool features in this map!

First of all, I like that killing the Sleeper Node doesn't automatically win the game. Those things suicide themselves into 100-deep AC all the time.

Secondly, I was wondering what the CRPL-ish mysterious object on the left side of the map was. I surrounded it with weapons, just in case, but I didn't notice it doing anything until late in the game (after 1:30:00 or so I think). But I was afk for most of the game so I dunno. I was happy to find that it's some kind of auto-convert AOO that drops about once every couple minutes I think (?) and targets the highest creeper pile first. So it works great with singularities.

Is there a trigger for that device? Does using a singularity trigger it?  ???

This is a pretty nice Sleeper battle, if you like that sorta thing. Very well-done!

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Samuhenry

QuoteSecondly, I was wondering what the CRPL-ish mysterious object on the left side of the map was. I surrounded it with weapons, just in case, but I didn't notice it doing anything until late in the game (after 1:30:00 or so I think). But I was afk for most of the game so I dunno. I was happy to find that it's some kind of auto-convert AOO that drops about once every couple minutes I think (?) and targets the highest creeper pile first. So it works great with singularities.

Is there a trigger for that device? Does using a singularity trigger it? 
The crpl-thing does target the deepest creeper-cell, but it doesn't get triggered by the singularity-weapon.
It activates when both of the "totems" near the phantom-emitters are fully charged. (And then it takes some more time)
That unit was already present in the template, but it worked differently there.

Also, thanks for the nice response :)

Johnny Haywire

Ah, cool - got it. Hope ya make more of these kinds of maps, when ya get a chance of course.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?