community map #4

Started by thepenguin, November 28, 2010, 10:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: Michionlion on March 06, 2011, 06:33:35 PM

k... having problems:

Anybody mess up?

Hmmm.. KILLER-XXX reported a similar problem a while back. Can you please attach the file to a post here and someone can look at it?

Michionlion

i did

in the post where the image was.
it probably has something to do with hosting it here... or something
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

Well doh!. The file upload parses wrong and the . in the file name is parsed to be the delimiter for the file type. so it passes 08.cwm as file type and 4 as filename.

I think this might even be a PHP-related bug, since usually those variables are already parses when the application gets it.

I'll alert Virgil to this and he can take a look.

Michionlion

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 07, 2011, 02:17:06 PM
Well doh!. The file upload parses wrong and the . in the file name is parsed to be the delimiter for the file type. so it passes 08.cwm as file type and 4 as filename.

I think this might even be a PHP-related bug, since usually those variables are already parses when the application gets it.

I'll alert Virgil to this and he can take a look.

huh??!!?? all i got was its a bug...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

It looks like the problem is actually in the javascript validation on the upload page.  If you go to the uploadmap.php page and then view source, you'll see a check_extension javascript function that is responsible for poping up that error dialog.  Looks like it uses a regex to try to determine the extension.

Michionlion

so is there a way to fix it? because i just tried to upload another map and it did the same thing.  and the map is exported out of creepermap, and its filename does end in cwm.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

thepenguin

it was 4.08.cwm, so I renamed it 4k.cwm
We have become the creeper...

Karsten75

That is the error precisely. There can be no periods in the file name portion.

So 4.08.cwm is not valid.

But 4dot08.cwm is valid.

This is an mistake in the Javascript code on the web page that manages the file upload.