Custom Map #2441: Tripwire. By: warren

Started by AutoPost, August 28, 2015, 07:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0m0nik

Just had another run at it to come under 15, still no where near the 10 min mark let alone the 6 min!

The real challenge is not in taking down the first emitter, the time is in the clean up!  This is relatively fast due to all the PZs but the only way I can see to advance quicker is to fight on two fronts from the very start. I had to concentrate hard just to fight on one front let alone two or even three which is why I will never get close to Alters score!

Some things I learnt on my rerun contrary to an earlier post
Spoiler

You don't need to terra form much land, one square 8 high in range of 3 emitters is a good start. perhaps repeat this on different sides of the map to open multiple fronts.

You don't need the forge immediately, early power needs to be saved

Having said that you need very little energy to win this map

Guppies are not worth the time and expense, you have three CNs that can connect units (nullifiers) to your base without touching the ground. This is the trick I think to the map but the concentration and time needed to hover 2 CNs is large and if one touches down, disaster!
[close]

This map just keeps on giving!

apocalipsus

So.... After "million" tries without even coming close to sucess i discovered i can land the Command nodes on the middle red place where it says "Keep trying" without triggering any emiter.
Off to win this thing.

speef

That was super neat!  Thanks for the map!

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

WithersChat

Quote from: Sorrontis on August 29, 2015, 11:49:18 PM
Well, kudos to those who've made it. I've yet to nullify a single emitter. Everything I do, I get flooded.

Well, you're able to beat every single map that you make, but not this one? :o
There is no signature!

Sorrontis

Quote from: WithersChat on April 28, 2020, 11:47:47 AM
Spoiler
Quote from: Sorrontis on August 29, 2015, 11:49:18 PM
Well, kudos to those who've made it. I've yet to nullify a single emitter. Everything I do, I get flooded.
[close]

Well, you're able to beat every single map that you make, but not this one? :o

You'd be surprised to know I'm a horrible player.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

marvinitfox

Ok, this was some good stuff.
The real battle is clearing the first one emitter.
After that one can safe-ish neutralize at a distance using the PZ range, and it becomes much easier.

Very handy trips/tricks:
Spoiler

Can trip a trigger wire with just a building plan, no actual construction (or even power to do so) is needed.
Can trip a trigger wire that is under creep, simply by placing a building plan on the tripwire while a power pulse is right there.
Can trigger an emitter for 1/2 second, start construction on the neutralizer, then *disable* the neutralizer. It will finish building and charging. Now trigger ALL the emitters in its range, enable neutralizer, and get a 7-for-the-price-of-1 deal. Even including the emitter right next to the neutralizer, NO amount of creep will be able to kill it before the firing sequence finishes! Just make sure you re-trigger any emitters in range while firing.
[close]

=====
the pulsing running lines are a bit of a migraine trigger, so any sensitives be careful.