Custom Map #1652: Arc Eternal Redemption - Hyper Tower Takeback. By: Hubs

Started by AutoPost, January 25, 2015, 05:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stdout

While on the subject...I was thinking it would be awesome if you could target the HT to certain regions of the map, or to a certain point. It feels like it would be incredible to watch a machine gun of spores aiming directly at a specific target.

UrMawMah

Quote from: stdout on January 28, 2015, 02:00:01 PM
While on the subject...I was thinking it would be awesome if you could target the HT to certain regions of the map, or to a certain point. It feels like it would be incredible to watch a machine gun of spores aiming directly at a specific target.

I'm going to disagree just to be disagreeable.

The randomness is part of it's glorious obscenity; the hypertower is undisputed, it does whatever the hell it wants

MuDRu

Yeah I cannot progress any further due to the randomness of the hyper towers spores!  But all together a GREAT map.  Love your maps HUBS!  Keep up the good work.

apocalipsus

Hello.
I just registered to the forums today.
I've been playing creeper world 3 for some time now, only recently I found out about #pac maps.
I've played a few of them and been doing nicely, however i'm stuck on this map for a very long time now.
I have conquered the right side of the map, where the hyper tower is but i can't advance anymore.

Feeding the hyper tower doens't take me anywhere, trying to directly atack the Abraxis base doens't work, and I don't know what else to do.

teknotiss

Quote from: apocalipsus on October 19, 2015, 10:16:17 AM
Hello.
I just registered to the forums today.
I've been playing creeper world 3 for some time now, only recently I found out about #pac maps.
I've played a few of them and been doing nicely, however i'm stuck on this map for a very long time now.
I have conquered the right side of the map, where the hyper tower is but i can't advance anymore.

Feeding the hyper tower doens't take me anywhere, trying to directly atack the Abraxis base doens't work, and I don't know what else to do.

try feeding the hyper tower everything you can... digi and spores...
pretty sure that's what did it for me... but it has been a few months since i beat this one...
if you are still stuck i will replay and grab some screenies to help! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

apocalipsus

Finally done it. Just made every PZ a spore (except one) and feed the Hyper tower, left the game running 10 min and when I came back it was cleared. 

genericname1231

Yeah since you can't include basic instructions

HIT ACHE TO FIND OUT THE MAP CREATOR DOESN'T HAVE THE BRAINS TO INCLUDE ACTUAL INSTRUCTIONS

I'm just going to rate all your maps 1

teknotiss

Quote from: genericname1231 on December 06, 2015, 03:51:56 AM
Yeah since you can't include basic instructions

HIT ACHE TO FIND OUT THE MAP CREATOR DOESN'T HAVE THE BRAINS TO INCLUDE ACTUAL INSTRUCTIONS

I'm just going to rate all your maps 1

no personal attacks here please.
these forums are not a place to abuse other users

also this map is the same as the other PAC maps.
did you fail to look at the first ones for how to play?
regular maps don't have instructions on basic game play after the tutorial missions!
so do you need a new play style to be explained every map?
or are we allowed to assume most users will start on the easier/earlier PAC maps, and so will have the skills to play harder ones without a guide?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

On most PAC maps the intro dialog says 'Press H in-game for help' with the selected unit type. That should be enough for the easier PAC maps to get you going (usually the easier maps get higher ratings).

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: UrMawMah on January 27, 2015, 06:46:09 PM
Quote from: Linden on January 27, 2015, 06:01:47 PM
Pfft I can't even get control of the Hyper tower haha! Seriously, I can't figure out how you lot have got onto the island. Oh well, off to try again!  :D

Well....
Spoiler
take the four powerzones that are near the beginning and cut yourself a path of digitalis straight down, you'll cut everything off from the supply chain to the west, leaving the entire eastern half of the map exposed for easy-peasy pillaging.[\spoiler]
[close]
This one is kicking my butt!  I can't get the wide open power zone immediately below me because the tower shoots so slow and the AI rebuilds too fast.  Any tips to get past the top square centimetre of the screen?

Well.  Looks like I didn't understand that spores don't only let you get *over* the void, but *in* the void with digitalis.  Once I realized that I made a LOT of progress.

cornucanis

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on December 05, 2017, 01:42:50 PM
Well.  Looks like I didn't understand that spores don't only let you get *over* the void, but *in* the void with digitalis.  Once I realized that I made a LOT of progress.

Spores on void are great. Here's another cool trick that works sometimes if your spores can't quite make it to a landmass before being shot down by beams: have them fly as far as possible without being destroyed, land in the void, then direct the creeper from the spores the rest of the way to the landmass using fields. This doesn't always work if there are lots of units to shoot the creeper before it gets to the landmass, but I've shaved a lot of time off some maps using this method.

Martin Gronsdal

the HT didn't do the trick for me. I thought it would starve the beams, but they were always refilled.

Spoiler
What I did was to delete all spore towers and crept towards the top right side, reinforcing the nearest emitter with all other emitters.
[close]

am I missing something?

teknotiss

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 19, 2022, 06:33:23 AM
the HT didn't do the trick for me. I thought it would starve the beams, but they were always refilled.

Spoiler
What I did was to delete all spore towers and crept towards the top right side, reinforcing the nearest emitter with all other emitters.
[close]

am I missing something?

i think with this one you need the spores to be nearly constantly hitting the HT.  then an endless drain on the power of the enemy will slowly break down their defences.

you can then use 1 or 2 spores to get the digi spread into the enemy base area.

it has been a while since i played this one though!

D0m0nik

You don't need any spores for this one.

Spoiler
go straight down, then straight up, then top right, bottom right, top left, near bottom left, final CN
[close]

Remenmber digitals is the key Martin, surround tricky units on PZs or cut off their power supply.