Custom Map #1618: Planet X954S2. By: Hubs

Started by AutoPost, January 17, 2015, 10:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeldarb96

This map had such a great creeper domination feel as I surrounded the main planet, landed ashore, and proceeded to march across the planet - one PZ at a time.

And the start was Epic too (as everyone else has previously mentioned).  This is my favorite PAC map I've found.  Great work!

malibashi

I noticed so many people score < 45 minutes. My best time so far was 55 minutes, after I stopped making the beginners mistakes of premature advances to the planet and sending spores against PZ beams. I took the complete ring and then advanced with emitters only. But that does not get me a good time. Can someone give a hint for better strategy?

stdout

This is indeed one of the best, if not the best, PAC maps in the game.

I just played it again to see how well I could do. It took me 13 minutes to completely take the outside ring, using almost exclusively spores. It took a lot of micromanaging, and I went down both sides simultaneously, so there was a lot of switching back and forth. I had one group of spore towers working the left side, and another working the top/right side.

Once the ring was taken, I converted them all to emitters and then made landfall on the north tip of the planet. Working my way down, the forge was dead at 17 minutes and all CNs were gone at 20 minutes. At that point, I converted most of the emitters back to spore towers set to auto-target, and I sat back and watched the spore storm destroy the remaining units within 60 seconds.