Custom Map #1480: The Cleansing. By: Hubs

Started by AutoPost, December 14, 2014, 12:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEderle

Help!!!

I am stuck ... going in circles trying different things but not progress...

teknotiss

Quote from: EEderle on December 27, 2014, 08:37:34 AM
Help!!!

need a little more than that if I'm going to help  ::)
how/where are you stuck?
have you played a PAC map before?
let us know some info and we'll be able to point you in the correct direction.  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

yui56

Quote from: EEderle on December 27, 2014, 08:37:34 AM
Help!!!

You and me both.  I've tried this map at least a half dozen times.  I've loved every other PAC map so far, but this is the only one I can't seem to finish... or even start for that matter.  I get the first few islands and can't seem to push any further.

I think I'm just going to have to skip this one.

thumbmaster

Guys, don't give up! This is indeed an extremely challenging map. I was stuck at the same spot as most of you for the longest time. But after peaking at the spoiler hints and trying again and again, we were able to have a break through. It's well worth it. Once you take either the island below the guppy pad on the left, or the "Y" island, it's smooth sailing from here on out. Believe me this will be a very rewarding win.

Spoiler
One of the things that broke me out of the rut is to send a bunch of spores into the void/gap separating my island from the one I want to invade WITHOUT TURNING IT INTO DIGITALIS. Then set the force field pushing away from the target spot in the void. Once the spore lands in the void, the field will help push it onto the target island and kill off a cannon or two. Once that's accomplished, I turned the landed spore into digitalis and conquered the island. To overcome the beams, I aimed the spores very close to the NEAR edge of the island so the spore would land with minimal beam contact. Often times this helps kill the beam tower quickly.
[close]
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.