Custom Map #1480: The Cleansing. By: Hubs

Started by AutoPost, December 14, 2014, 12:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1480: The Cleansing

Author: Hubs
Size: 100x100

Desc:
Destroy everything you see and cleanse this world! Created using the PAC Template. Note added controls: Press "Y" when a spore tower is selected to make all spore towers go into auto target mode. Press "Y" when an emitter is selected to make all emitters stop supporting. Now when a spore tower is selected you will see a small targeting circle where your mouse is. You can now select a spore tower by clicking the red target (works similar to bertha target selection). #PlayAsCreeper

Hubs

For anyone that wants to create your own PAC map, it's now super easy! Check out the PAC Template!

Linden

Love the map, Hubs, thanks so much! :)

I'll give the template a go, but I wouldn't expect miracles. Great idea! :D

Stave

Wow, I started that one completely wrong. Several times. Longest I ever spent on a map! I'm going to have to redo this one properly. Well done combinations of unit layouts, but perhaps a little heavy on the AC from Abraxis. Great fun though, really appreciate your PAC contributions!

Edit: Yeah, once I knew which ways were dead ends, took my time from ~1:20 to 0:28. Protip: an emitter in the void without digitalis is scary.

Hubs

Quote from: Stave on December 14, 2014, 09:05:26 PM
Wow, I started that one completely wrong. Several times. Longest I ever spent on a map! I'm going to have to redo this one properly. Well done combinations of unit layouts, but perhaps a little heavy on the AC from Abraxis. Great fun though, really appreciate your PAC contributions!

Edit: Yeah, once I knew which ways were dead ends, took my time from ~1:20 to 0:28. Protip: an emitter in the void without digitalis is scary.

Glad it was a map worth playing for that long!

It ended up being way more difficult than I originally intended, but I decided to stay with it. My initial play tests were so difficult that I had to nerf it quite a bit and add the extra starting emitter and towers. Even with them it's still pretty hard. My next map will be a lot easier :)

ChaosMaster130

IMO, The one thing that would have helped give the player an edge would be giving the players runners, as this is the first PAC map that I really wish I had them.

Awesome map otherwise though.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

mzimmer74

Quote from: Stave on December 14, 2014, 09:05:26 PM
Protip: an emitter in the void without digitalis is scary.

That tip helped cut my time roughly in half!  I'd never thought about removing the digitalis from the void emitters.  Thanks.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Lioncourt

and for whatever reason, map # 1480 has disappeared in the list...
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

Hubs

I'm working with virgil to correct the map screenshot. It should be back soon!

teknotiss

Quote from: Hubs on December 15, 2014, 10:28:47 AM

really? you took it down because of the screenshot? :o
why? ???
annoying, since i want to finish it now! >:(
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Hubs

Quote from: teknotiss on December 15, 2014, 11:06:35 AM
Quote from: Hubs on December 15, 2014, 10:28:47 AM

really? you took it down because of the screenshot? :o
why? ???
annoying, since i want to finish it now! >:(

Well, there was a glitch with fixing the screenshot. Virgil is on it. Should be back today or tomorrow.

stdout

Hubs

Quote from: stdout on December 15, 2014, 02:22:58 PM
It's back up now.

Sorry for the temporary outage. Wanted to fix the screenshot because it showed the build tab in the middle of the map. It's not exactly standard protocol to change the map image so there was a minor setback that caused the game to glitch when played in colonial space. Virgil got it fixed tho.

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on December 15, 2014, 03:09:24 AM
IMO, The one thing that would have helped give the player an edge would be giving the players runners, as this is the first PAC map that I really wish I had them.

Awesome map otherwise though.

There has been a lot of debate about runners and how useful they would be in a PAC map. I think you're right that this map could have actually benefitted from them. This is a map that you can get some PZs but easily lose if you don't continue to focus on that area. There may be a future for runners after all...

Miss Melissa

How do you remove digitalis? probably explains why I suck at these types of maps.. but I do enjoy them regardless!

Hubs

Click the digitalis button then press T. The white circle will turn red. Click to delete. You can also press H to see a help menu.