Custom Map #1349: teks032 stew-niverse 01. By: teknotiss

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2014, 07:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwishforpie2

Quote from: speef on November 15, 2014, 12:09:57 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on November 14, 2014, 06:13:34 PM
Speef, was that how you did it?

It's actually not, but I may play again and try that.

What cracked the code for me was the idea that I could be in range of a lot less damage by only having creeper in half of the center.

Spoiler
I was able to divide and conquer- 2 emitters support one and 1 emitter supports a second one- with the supported emitters both being on the the bottom (or top), and using the field on the emitter that got 2 supports. This kept all the guns/mortars on the bottom half of the middle too busy to keep up, and in "store and release" mode is enough to kill the nullifiers on both emitters.

On my first playthrough, I was able to charge up top after that without losing an emitter. I am not sure how I managed that, because on subsequent replays I keep losing the top 2 emitters, but this is not a problem for this strategy; after you kill the bottom nest, you have 4 invulnerable emitters down bottom even if the top 2 are dead, and this allows you to take the center pretty easily.

After I took the center, the rest was very easy. If you get stuck on a hard spot, try building a couple staggered-timing spore towers to keep a strategic relay down.

Here it is in pictures (super ultra spoiler!):

0:00 -> One top emitter supports one bottom emitter. Center and the other top emitter both support the other bottom emitter. The emitter with 2 supports gets the field pointing at the bottom relay.

0:19 -> Bottom relay is dead. Bottom left can't go into support mode or it'll get nullified. Leave everything alone and build digitalis to the bottom PZ so you can put an emitter there.

1:04 -> You own the bottom of the map. All emitters support the center. Use the field to kill either the left or right relay and build an emitter on its PZ.

1:42 -> You've built an emitter on one middle nest's PZ. Support center and use the field to kill the other middle nest.

2:08 -> The bottom 2/3 is yours. All support center and drive due north.

2:12 -> Game over; this map is yours.

[close]

or just put all of the emitters on burst. gg no re humans
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

chwooly

How do you find it fun to have to keep pausing and hotkeying everything?

That makes no sense to me and this is another of those ridiculous maps that are not fun in any way?

-Tek's maps I usually rate between 7-10 this is not worth a rating as it is unplayable for me, I am not that mindless that starting at the top pressing "t" then "1" then "R" then "p" then "esc" then starting all over again for  mins or what ever it takes to get started. Is the point to let us know what a hamster feels as it runs on the wheel to nowhere? that is what this map and most of these creeper maps feel like, There was  that was playable and very enjoyable. sadly this is not it....

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Mexxor

Quote from: chwooly on November 18, 2014, 08:02:43 AM

That makes no sense to me and this is another of those ridiculous maps that are not fun in any way?

-Tek's maps I usually rate between 7-10 this is not worth a rating as it is unplayable for me, I am not that mindless that starting at the top pressing "t" then "1" then "R" then "p" then "esc" then starting all over again for  mins or what ever it takes to get started. Is the point to let us know what a hamster feels as it runs on the wheel to nowhere? that is what this map and most of these creeper maps feel like, There was  that was playable and very enjoyable. sadly this is not it....

So, basically what you are saying is that you do not like PACmaps or how they are played? Also: "fun" is very, very subjective ::)
When you say you are "not that mindless", you do realize you're saying that people who do this ARE mindless, right?
P.S.: not constructive  ;D
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: chwooly on November 18, 2014, 08:02:43 AM

Huh?  I didn't find myself having to continually pause other than at the very start.

Mexxor

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 18, 2014, 05:35:57 PM
Huh?  I didn't find myself having to continually pause other than at the very start.

True that, also I replaced those 10-emitters with 20-emitters as soon as possible  :D, and maps where you have to pause to see whats truly going on are usually the harder maps, on easy ones (read: no direct threat to your base) you can just drone on instead, which isn't much fun IMHO :)
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

speef

Quote from: iwishforpie2 on November 16, 2014, 04:19:56 PM
or just put all of the emitters on burst. gg no re humans

I just tried it, and that works fine too.

I did HOW many restarts??

Hooboy. :)

iwishforpie2

Seems to be a shortage of PAC maps/CPRL... Why is this so?
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

teknotiss

Quote from: iwishforpie2 on November 19, 2014, 05:52:36 PM
Seems to be a shortage of PAC maps/CPRL... Why is this so?

from my point of view it's because making them balanced is really rather tricky.
i have another 4 under construction (i switch between them to avoid burnout), and it's hard making it challenging at the start, middle and end.
this one i consider an easy PAC map, the others will hopefully provide more of a challenge in the later stages of the maps.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Linden

Thanks for a fun map, teknotiss! It's great to see another #playascreeper map creator! :)

teknotiss

Quote from: Linden on November 19, 2014, 08:50:57 PM
Thanks for a fun map, teknotiss! It's great to see another #playascreeper map creator! :)

and thanks for the thanks! it's nice to be appreciated! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

alfanugan

I don't post very often, but I am so glad you are back making some more maps Teknotiss!  I find all of your maps very enjoyable and I actually get excited when I see a new one.  Thank you very much, your work is much appreciated and I am thrilled to see what else you have in store for us!
/\lways (oca(ola

teknotiss

Quote from: alfanugan on November 21, 2014, 10:50:11 PM
I don't post very often, but I am so glad you are back making some more maps Teknotiss!  I find all of your maps very enjoyable and I actually get excited when I see a new one.  Thank you very much, your work is much appreciated and I am thrilled to see what else you have in store for us!

cheers dude  8) i'll try and be a bit more productive, i have been a bit busy lately but i should have a little more time for a few weeks

Xeos

I just registered just so I could post in this forum about this Map - Mate, I have to say this has been a brilliant map to play and by far the most enjoyable map I have ever played in Creeper World. I really appreciate the effort you have put in to make it and I think your strategic thinking is brilliant and the map balance is perfect - Thanks again :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

teknotiss

Quote from: Xeos on December 13, 2014, 07:48:42 AM
I just registered just so I could post in this forum about this Map - Mate, I have to say this has been a brilliant map to play and by far the most enjoyable map I have ever played in Creeper World. I really appreciate the effort you have put in to make it and I think your strategic thinking is brilliant and the map balance is perfect - Thanks again :)

cheers dude, appreciated! :) it was a fun one to make, and fairly easy to map out, but balancing was a bit tricky.
hopefully we'll soon have a ready to go template and you and others can get in on the PAC mapping much more easily! 8)

thumbmaster

Finally gotten around to finishing this map. The start was tough but once I took the center, it was smooth sailing. We absolutely LOVE PAC maps. Please, guys, feed our addiction!  ;D
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.