Custom Map #230: Watch the World Burn. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, February 16, 2014, 06:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLMike

I had the same type of bug, but in a different location. In that case, though, I was nullifying a RunnerFlamethrower.

planetfall

Quote from: Katra on February 20, 2014, 01:17:36 AM
So far it's a really good fight. (Will have to resume tomorrow when I have more time.

However I seem to have found a minor graphic bug. The attached screenshot shows the beam from my nullifier remaining after nullifier destroyed stationary flamethrower with the aid of a wall. (Flamethrower flame and nullifier beam were on the precise same line.)

(edit) This did go away when I restarted from my save.

I've seen this as well. I'm not drawing the beam though, the nullifier is. I've noticed that some effects persist permanently if the unit they are attached to goes away. For example, if a runner stuns a unit, and then you destroy the unit in the editor, the "stunned" animation continues to play until you reload.

In short, we should probably pester Virgil about this.

Quote from: TLMike on February 20, 2014, 03:06:57 AM
I had the same type of bug, but in a different location. In that case, though, I was nullifying a RunnerFlamethrower.

I thought you could only snipe them... ?
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

TLMike

Well. The Nullifier was also targeting a Runner Nest and the RunnerFlamethrower walked into range. Gave me two PZs--one for each. I thought it was strange.

planetfall

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

TLMike

Well, the Line is gone now that I've reloaded the save. But, the second PZ is still there. Functional, too. I don't think there should be one there, though. If it helps, I'm using ver 1.80 of the game.

planetfall

Quote from: TLMike on February 20, 2014, 11:20:15 PM
Well, the Line is gone now that I've reloaded the save. But, the second PZ is still there. Functional, too. I don't think there should be one there, though. If it helps, I'm using ver 1.80 of the game.

Ahaha.... oh, this is embarassing.

Spoiler
For whatever reason, CONST_CREATEPZ and CONST_NULLIFIERDAMAGES aren't turned off for napalm cores until a couple frames after they spawn.
[close]

The beam doesn't appear now either. Unfortunately, now I need to restart the next map if I want the one line of code I added to take effect in the version I upload. And I was doing so well, too... grumble grumble...

Flabort

Does the next map happen to be named "Foxglove"?
I have a feeling that's the name of one of your upcoming maps.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

planetfall

Quote from: Flabort on February 22, 2014, 07:16:45 PM
Does the next map happen to be named "Foxglove"?
I have a feeling that's the name of one of your upcoming maps.

Um... no.
The reference is lost on me, sadly.
(Googles it)
Oh, that's good. That is VERY good. And it is indeed an excellent fit for the next map...