How can I make a message that pops at X time or X condition?

Started by JoniMega, February 28, 2021, 10:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniMega

Hello, I have been trying to understand all by myself how the edit tool works, but I haven't seen a way to make an automatic popping A.D.A. message. The only thing that I manage to resemble is placing a InfoCache that, when is picked, it pops a message.

Has anyone figured out how to make a popping message like the "Wallis" planet from the farsite campaign? (The A.D.A message Wallis planet mission pops at X time).

Karsten75

Quote from: JoniMega on February 28, 2021, 10:04:26 AM
Hello, I have been trying to understand all by myself how the edit tool works, but I haven't seen a way to make an automatic popping A.D.A. message. The only thing that I manage to resemble is placing a InfoCache that, when is picked, it pops a message.

Has anyone figured out how to make a popping message like the "Wallis" planet from the farsite campaign? (The A.D.A message Wallis planet mission pops at X time).

It's possible to open Wallis in your map editor, then look at (and use or modify) the script in there.

Hi, I think it should be enough to place code like this at the top of the script

$COUNTDOWN:3000 # 3000 frames = 100 seconds
if (GetGameUpdateCount == (<-COUNTDOWN))
      # drop your ada message code here
endif