Custom Map #9897: Rss9.45 tYY 20. By: PastorHealer

Started by AutoPost, March 02, 2022, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0m0nik

This is my start, hope this helps.

Spoiler
I got every bit of energy I could out of those guppies, had collectors down and PZ reactor almost complete by the time CN landed. Straight into building forge and reactors. By the time the second forge fires I have upgraded power twice and almost have 6 reactors. You can then turtle or push on earlyish. I found it easier to get fire range up to 100 before I took the first spore, the PZ beam protects you that way. That bottom cannon is set at a very specific place, it targets a thin bit of digitalis, much less likely to get troubled by bugs.

Oh and don't forget to destory the snipers before you do anything! It can get messy.
[close]

Put down a new marker for you W  ;)

Helper

Quote from: Weasee on March 04, 2022, 03:16:21 AM
ah, at last, a calming map from PastorHealer.   :)

OK, doesn't look too bad, I'll just send over a guppy and nullify that emitter on the landing zone.
OH MY LAWD! TOO SLOW! 900 EMITTER KILLED ME
ok so get the guppy there fast. check.
build out the network so i can OH MY LAWD! 3 SECOND SPORE TOWER KILLED ME!
build out the network with the guppies early on to get that spore tow.. OH MY LAWD! 12 SECOND SPORE TOWER KILLED ME!
turn off computer, go to bed

Perfect post!
Trying to work through this and being *that* close to getting something done, then bam!

This morning I decided to start from scratch and try to beat my (last place) time...and I can't even take out the Emitter!
The Nullifier keeps going off just as the Emitter triggers.
Once more into the breach.
0530 is a little early for a beer, but it is Saturday...innit?
H

Weasee

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 05, 2022, 04:24:58 AM

Well now, you know I absolutely love a challenge... but can you beat my new marker??  ;D

D0m0nik

I don't know what everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about! I think PH has gone soft to be honest  ;) :P

Midday here H so pretend your are here and crack a cold one!!  ;D

D0m0nik

Quote from: Weasee on March 05, 2022, 06:37:31 AM

Well now, you know I absolutely love a challenge... but can you beat my new marker??  ;D

Youch!!!! Nice work!

GoodMorning

Where did you put your cannons, Weasee? I couldn't get that to work.

D0monik, PH - I had a completely different start.

Spoiler

Two Guppies north, one south. Nullifier and PZ reactor in the north, second Nullifier in the south, line of Collectors between them, Beam on the PZ in the crook of that elbow. North PZ never lost the Reactor (spare Beam nearby), and a bit of AC kept the Beam safe. Second Beam to swap onto the PZ because the first couldn't recharge.

Getting to the point where the Runners weren't attacking the Digi was ... interesting, with some disarming of cannons for a few frames while a Runner turned back or Digi regrew. I lost one run when a Runner ran on a diagonal onto the lower hanging-off-blob of Digi and died there. because it doesn't directly connect so I couldn't let it regrow.
[close]

I don't know how you approached the rest of the map, but I took a pretty relaxed approach, having fun with a PZ Bertha.

Thanks PH, and thanks to each of you for reminding me what a fun game this can be and how much fun this forum is.

PS: Oops, forgot to hit "Post" before, and you've shifted the times already...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Weasee

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 05, 2022, 05:12:25 PM
Where did you put your cannons, Weasee? I couldn't get that to work.

Here is my start. I put reactors on the two PZs, the cannons allow nullifying the bottom spore, and that leaves plenty of time to get 4 beams up along the network before the next spore finishes.

Helper

This is my start, hope this helps.

Spoiler
I got every bit of energy I could out of those guppies, had collectors down and PZ reactor almost complete by the time CN landed. Straight into building forge and reactors. By the time the second forge fires I have upgraded power twice and almost have 6 reactors. You can then turtle or push on earlyish. I found it easier to get fire range up to 100 before I took the first spore, the PZ beam protects you that way. That bottom cannon is set at a very specific place, it targets a thin bit of digitalis, much less likely to get troubled by bugs.

Oh and don't forget to destory the snipers before you do anything! It can get messy.
[close]

D -
At 2:07 (bottom picture) you show your CN, PZ Beam, 2 Cannon, Forge, 4.8 Reactors - and - an empty Guppy sitting at it's base. All of my Guppies are dead at 1:11 of game time (@36.3, 40.1, 1:06.3).
Are you working some magical magic?

Attached is my picture at 2:09. What I've managed to build makes me look like a shirt-tail cousin.

Helper

Ha!
I missed W's post and am even more confused.
I can't figure out how either of you get your Guppies down range so quickly and take out the targets.
Two of my Guppies don't last long enough to take out one target, and you're taking out multiple.
It's way past beer O'clock in the Smokey's.
H

Weasee

Quote from: Helper on March 05, 2022, 06:51:06 PM
Two of my Guppies don't last long enough to take out one target, and you're taking out multiple.

There's two tricks:
one:
Spoiler
You need to get the right guppies to the right spots - closest guppy to the top nullifier; fastest-to-die guppie to the bottom pz, remaining guppy to the top pz.
[close]
and two:
Spoiler
Did you get rid of the snipers?  Where they are sitting, they snipe bugs and the guppies die faster!  Initially I flew them to my base, but in the end I never used them, so in later runs I just destroyed them.
[close]
edit:
and three:
Spoiler
the CN actually finishes the bottom nullifiers for me
[close]

Helper

W,
That is just outstanding!
My first run through I grabbed all the Snipers and moved them way left, then just deleted them.
This time I just left them in place. It never occurred to me that they would sit there doing their jobs until they ran out of ammo or died (good Soldiers, they).
I will make some changes in the morning and give it all a third go.

PH maps are worth the price of admission.
Thanks,
H

pastor.healer

I can't decide if I like the posts here more than the maps or the other way around.  :)

I'm glad you all enjoyed the map.  D...  What's with the time?   W.... Well done!  Someone beat D!   That is something.

D...  You need to start eating breakfast in the mornings...

H!  I am so proud of you!!!!!!!

The rest of you, well done!

And D, you know some of my tricks which gives you an advantage.  I'm going to have to work a bit harder. :)

D0m0nik

I thought there was only 2 guppies!!!!

I can't believe it, I didn't see the 3rd one, no wonder my time was so slow  ;)

Weasee

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 06, 2022, 02:18:53 AM
I thought there was only 2 guppies!!!!

I can't believe it, I didn't see the 3rd one, no wonder my time was so slow  ;)

haha! too funny!

D0m0nik

New marker put down for you W  :P

This has been fun PH, thanks once again!