Custom Map #3900: Idea Islands. By: tamrin

Started by AutoPost, August 30, 2016, 03:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3900: Idea Islands

Author: tamrin
Size: 224x224

Desc:
This map has few things which can be hard to solve :D but I will give u one hint... In this map u can collect Thor, so try it. Good Luck

Grimeripe

The first start demanded extreme timing, but I got it right on something like the 20th try. Frustration...

Spoiler
Sedond part I conquered was the lover right,
Spoiler
where I now have my Command Node, not that it matters as a couple of super guppies can keep everything running.
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
However, as all the other interesting areas are covered by air exlusion zones, I am stumped. Som terraforming done upper right, but no way to get energy in there to build nullifiers.
[close]

Still like the map, it is really challenging.

Thufir

rly fun map, hard at times

Spoiler
but with hoverring Command node with enough energie in store you can take the middle island quite effordless without the thor

this was my order:
1 North west island
2 South east island by guppies
3 North west island by relay
4 charging of command nodes, then middle island
[close]

tamrin

ty for opinions :)
Spoiler
Good job, if u completed it without thor. For everyone, if u want to finish middle Island u will need to upgrade more times your energy storage, so u can fly with command node over nullifier. (how was said by Thufir) 
[close]

stdout

Loved the map, tamrin, even though I was frustrated at nearly every corner! Had a time of over 3 hours and when I completed, was surprised to see only 3 other names on the score board.

For those who are stuck:

Spoiler
Take the top left.

Then send mortars and blasters to the bottom right, followed with guppies to power them. Clear it, then move your CN to the bottom right.

Build blasters and send them up to the little island with the terp tech. Use 2 guppies to power the blasters and nullify that emitter, then you can collect the terp tech. Now you're done with the bottom right island so move the CN back to the top left.

In that move, you will collect the relay tech. Place a terp in that same spot and use it to smooth out the island below that emitter, then nullify it using floating CN. Now you can connect to the top-right using a relay on that emitter's PZ.

With the forge weapon and a few berthas you can easily clear the bottom left, then float the CN (with a Thor and forge weapon backing you up) take the center island for a quick mopup.
[close]

MasterBata

Huh, how do you terraform the spot next to emitter near RELAY tech? It's out of reach...

tamrin

Quote from: MasterBata on August 31, 2016, 03:49:47 PM
Huh, how do you terraform the spot next to emitter near RELAY tech? It's out of reach...

Here is solution :)

Spoiler
First u need to collect the ralay tech - build collector next to it and fly with command node over it to build it. As second step place terp on the place where was relay and u can now terraform it.
[close]

MasterBata

Thanks! I actually managed to figure this out a couple of minutes ago :)

Krossi

I dont get it, how to finish the map.

I got all but the South and center island. And I cant fine a way on either of them... :( :'(

Great Map btw ;D ;D

GoodMorning

Spoiler

SW island is tricky depending on who you approach it. Fortunately you have Singularity fuel now.
It is possibly easier to rush the middle: Berthas, Singularity, invasion fleet as for the SE. CN energy storage high enough to be a large Guppy, overflying.

I took the SW by Bertha, Singularity and Terp, with little else until I had a CN landed and stable. Once the Digi is off, PZ Nullifiers. The Thor is thirsty, though, so make sure that it stays connected and that you have the power. You should have the power and to spare by now.
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

stdout

The center/south island with two keys can only be obtained after the center is defeated.

D0m0nik

Wow, big and challenging map. I have little free time to play at the moment so took a couple of visits but well worth it. I think in terms of difficulty from start to finish you have done a fantastic job here, steady challenge throughout, great map, 10/10!

PhailRaptor

I can't get the timing on the Spore cloud.   :'(  I get almost instakilled.

GoodMorning

Start

Hmmm...
Looks like there's one spot to begin. Let's start building.
Oh, dear. Creeper. Pulse Cannon time.
Not enough. Mortar.
Fairly contained Creeper spread, second PC.
Now that I can advance, Nullify.

Look! A nice PZ for a Beam. How about that, it takes all of the Spores singlehandedly (with enough power).
[close]

Useful?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

PhailRaptor

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 02, 2016, 08:01:31 AM
Start

Hmmm...
Looks like there's one spot to begin. Let's start building.
Oh, dear. Creeper. Pulse Cannon time.
Not enough. Mortar.
Fairly contained Creeper spread, second PC.
Now that I can advance, Nullify.

Look! A nice PZ for a Beam. How about that, it takes all of the Spores singlehandedly (with enough power).
[close]

Useful?

Guess I'm just gonna have to keep trying, then...