Custom Map #3467: map 77 CHESS. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, April 27, 2016, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

mzimmer74

Consider this a "demand". :)  Seriously though, I enjoy all of your maps and am always in favor of more of them!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

stdout

I agree, CHESS or otherwise, your maps are great and I will play them all.

yum-forum

Thank You!  :)

Map CHESS-2 or GOD-02 (Game On Demand) created and uploaded!  :)

Hope You will enjoy!
last

Grimeripe

Crashed through this map in a few hours (ugh!).

Had a few setbacks with good comebacks, got my all my three starting positions on solid defense, which made it possible to go for the offense slow and steady.

After the first few tricky turns, I had so many power points I just did not bother using them, at that point it was just a matter of focus fire and kill. I did enjoy that first part more, slowly gaining foot hold against the tide. Did get the forge rather late and went from containing to swamping the remaining emitter in a few clicks.

I suppose you could work harder to get some of the key techs early.

yum-forum

Quote from: Grimeripe on August 08, 2016, 04:10:33 PM
Crashed through this map in a few hours (ugh!).

Had a few setbacks with good comebacks, got my all my three starting positions on solid defense, which made it possible to go for the offense slow and steady.

After the first few tricky turns, I had so many power points I just did not bother using them, at that point it was just a matter of focus fire and kill. I did enjoy that first part more, slowly gaining foot hold against the tide. Did get the forge rather late and went from containing to swamping the remaining emitter in a few clicks.

I suppose you could work harder to get some of the key techs early.

Thank You for comments!  :)

After long time I played this CHESS GAME again. And it was nice game for me. Not hard map, but many variants for turns...
You are right "techs" better to get earlier. And I found that just putting collector near "tech" and flying by CN very easy to get it!  ;)

last

GoodMorning

I've found something strange - this map was in my "not played" list. That's fixed, but it amuses me (given the whole ratings saga that I do not wish to see again) to find it as the highest-rated map that I hadn't played. I'd like to see another sequel at some point.

I did forget the AoOs entirely, and take a relaxed pace. The opportunities for early tech-grabs were nice, as was the buildup. It's unusual to have so much Aether, and enough Ore to run a PZ Bomber. And the variety was good, though I steamrolled most of the top-left two-thirds with a lot of PZ Berthas. The Runners kept even that foolproof victory from getting too dull.

Thanks, yum.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

yum-forum

last