Custom Map #1788: The Godfather. By: Xeos

Started by AutoPost, March 02, 2015, 04:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkukka

Two most right flip-mitters are well defened, so I flip left and next, then I aim most left and all I can do is to kill one long-range gun, despite all flow control.
I do something wrong I believe :(

RrR

Did you get the totem? It helps. Then persuade the left-most shield that it is not welcome and push creeper into the hole where it was located.

Xeos

This is the one way to start the map for anyone having problems. The PZ's are hidden and you cannot control the Flip Emitters.
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

traisjames

Quote from: Xeos on March 07, 2015, 01:45:04 AM
Quote from: traisjames on March 06, 2015, 11:41:23 PM
I finished the game but it won't make it as finished.
There must be something on the map that hasn't been destroyed. If you are sure you have killed everything, please take a screenshot if you can and post it please.
Thanks

RrR

Are you sure that you didn't accidentally dismiss the victory screen? I've done this before and been left wondering why I hadn't won.

Make a save, then leave world. If you have won, this will take you to the scoreboard.

traisjames

Quote from: RrR on March 09, 2015, 02:21:18 PM
Are you sure that you didn't accidentally dismiss the victory screen? I've done this before and been left wondering why I hadn't won.

Make a save, then leave world. If you have won, this will take you to the scoreboard.

Nope.  Didn't work.

Xeos

I've got no idea why it's not going to victory for you. I'm sorry I can't help you...

teknotiss

Quote from: traisjames on March 10, 2015, 02:39:50 PM
Quote from: RrR on March 09, 2015, 02:21:18 PM

Nope.  Didn't work.

can you post that save? (reply and the +attachments and other options below the text box)
we can try it and if there is no victory we can go to making a support thread.
i suggest us trying it since this is possibly a PAC CRPL issue and so may be fixable without making a request for help.
and V is busy ::)
hope we can help  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Xeos on March 02, 2015, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: stdout on March 02, 2015, 11:18:59 AM
Great map, Xeos. Obviously you spent a lot of time bringing us a fresh new game with new concepts and ideas. A rare 10/10 from me.
Thanks stdout :) I think some peeps might be getting frustrated by not knowing how to play it (and not seeing the top right corner) as the ratings are a bit lower. Maybe lag is an effect too?
Anyway, the ideas are overflowing, .. The next map is something that is probably only ever going to be done once, and it's an 80's retro fun map with just over 1600 images on it :) It's taking a bit of time as you can imagine ...
Thanks again :)

Yeah, as far as I can tell the map is completely impossible, you have nothing meaningful to do.

Hitting the two left flip emitters with the spore turns them to your side but I can't accomplish anything beyond that.  The flipped emitters can't be selected for reinforcement or burst mode, thus your choice of actions are limited to the field and where you aim your spore.  The field isn't enough to push creep onto anything from the captured flips, the spore has a very limited area that it can actually hit.  I managed to kill the sprayer in the SW but that does no good.

Xeos

You cannot control the flip emitters. look at my post earlier showing the images of the start sequence and that explains how to play the map.. There are lots of hidden PZ's around the place for you to find..

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Xeos on March 19, 2015, 02:52:27 PM
You cannot control the flip emitters. look at my post earlier showing the images of the start sequence and that explains how to play the map.. There are lots of hidden PZ's around the place for you to find..

Those pics help a lot.  Somehow having that totem makes me more able to push creeper on the bases, the map was actually pretty easy at that point.  What does the thing in the top right do?  Once I cut the power to that section of the map I ignored it and just let creeper flow that way, while I got creeper around it the game ended before it was deep enough to actually cover it.

Xeos

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on March 20, 2015, 10:32:21 AM
Those pics help a lot.  Somehow having that totem makes me more able to push creeper on the bases, the map was actually pretty easy at that point.  What does the thing in the top right do?  Once I cut the power to that section of the map I ignored it and just let creeper flow that way, while I got creeper around it the game ended before it was deep enough to actually cover it.

In a PAC map, you need at least one totem to be able to push the creep around hence why I showed you getting it at the start. The more you get, the stronger the field is to push the creep.
In the top right corner, if you get creep on the NEED POWER spot, iy will give you 4 spore cannons. (you can use these to take out the power to the top left CN )
I hope you liked playing it - it was never meant to be a hard map, I am just playing with ideas really to see what works and what people enjoy..

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Xeos on March 20, 2015, 11:18:14 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on March 20, 2015, 10:32:21 AM

In a PAC map, you need at least one totem to be able to push the creep around hence why I showed you getting it at the start. The more you get, the stronger the field is to push the creep.
In the top right corner, if you get creep on the NEED POWER spot, iy will give you 4 spore cannons. (you can use these to take out the power to the top left CN )
I hope you liked playing it - it was never meant to be a hard map, I am just playing with ideas really to see what works and what people enjoy..

The field does push the creep even without the totem.  I didn't even realize the totem influenced the field, I thought it generated an outward pressure from supported emitters--and at the time in question there were no supported emitters.

StarShawn

great map. the totem was really annoying but nice twist. I don't know if you meant it but when you leave and load back the color changes from green to blue. Other than that awesome map again

chwooly

Found this today, Great map. 10/10, However there are 2 things that could have used a little work. 1, it was not intuitive that you needed to get the totem to activate the digi. So I thought there was a bug until I came here, The other thing is the colors, I didn't like them, Not that it was a big deal, I just changed them to colors I liked, The pop up everytime I found a PZ was a little annoying but on a big and busy map it helps. Thanks for making it.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein