Custom Map #1788: The Godfather. By: Xeos

Started by AutoPost, March 02, 2015, 04:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thufir

the start is a bit tricky (which i liked ^^), but as soon as you have 2 emitters and the the totem, it was rly fun to play

i enjoyed the "no idea where the next power zone will spawn" part, was more challenging this way and you had to try more stuff.

keep it as it is and add a warning to the start "not everything is as it seems here, try stuff, see whats working"

ps.: great artwork and spore tower is ingenius

10/10

Xeos

Quote from: Thufir on March 02, 2015, 05:02:13 PM
the start is a bit tricky (which i liked ^^), but as soon as you have 2 emitters and the the totem, it was rly fun to play

i enjoyed the "no idea where the next power zone will spawn" part, was more challenging this way and you had to try more stuff.

keep it as it is and add a warning to the start "not everything is as it seems here, try stuff, see whats working"

ps.: great artwork and spore tower is ingenius

10/10
I'm glad you liked it and thank you for your kind comments :) It's interesting how some people like some of the features and others don't.. But it would be boring if we were all the same wouldn't it :)

A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

Mexxor

At first I didn't like the map, well, I liked the map, but I had no clue whatsoever what I was doing.
Then I came to the forum for help  ::)
Then I really liked the map :)
Thanks for a great job done

Mexxor
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

simoun

nice map, but I had to come to the forum to get started (did not think to get the totem).
You might want to add this in the description otherwise it s pretty frustrating...

D0m0nik

Really great map, at first also not sure but have now replayed it 4 times trying to get close to RrRs time. Got a 15min time for 3rd but no where near RrR, great time!
My tip for a fast time:
Spoiler
Don't bother with too many emitters. The Sam towers are actually very easy to overwhelmed with a couple of well timed spores. Also remember that you do not have to connect up digitalis in order to use a powerzone, if you aim a few spores at where you know a PZ is you can take the PZ once the unit covering it is destroyed and instantly place a unit. If you remember where the PZs are you can grab most of them fairly quickly
[close]

Really like this map, love the Mob boss story and love the visuals. Slightly slow on my laptop but not as bad as some big maps. 10 out of 10 from me.

Xeos

Thanks Guys :) You're feedback is very much appreciated and glad you liked it :)

Mexxor & Simoun , The thing with PAC maps is they are still relatively new and some people have only just started playing them for the first time so it is hard to make a map that will suit all levels.  I don't want to give too much information as the seasoned players will find it too easy so what I normally do is put a post in the forum to help get people started if they are struggling and then work it out from there.  The Totem for instance is a must if you need to move the creep so you would normally be looking for that from the outset in your starting strategy.. Things like that...

D0m0nik, Glad you liked it too :) There are a few ways to tune the way you play this to get a good score but I was aiming to just create something fun to play with a story line that makes it interesting..
I make maps I would want to play so hopefully others will too :)

The next map visually will be pretty special . Not sure how it will play though and maybe some peeps wont like it , but it has 1600 images on it and looks pretty cool. It will be ready soon :)

Thanks again guys for posting, I always appreciate your feedback good or bad :)

Linden

I had to come to the forum too, but that's nowt new for me so don't worry about that. :D 

Once again, congratulations on the imaginative gameplay you've created (loved the little rockets!) and thank you so much. :)

Xeos

Thanks but the SAM missiles credit goes to Grayzzur. He suggested that I use a piece of his code in one of his maps to do something I was trying to do ( change the Spore colour from blue) and I saw them and thought they were so cool I just had to use them :)

Linden

Quote from: Xeos on March 05, 2015, 11:45:37 AM
Thanks but the SAM missiles credit goes to Grayzzur. He suggested that I use a piece of his code in one of his maps to do something I was trying to do ( change the Sp[ore colour from blue) and I saw them and thought they were so cool I just had to use them :)

Oh!! Apologies to Grayzzur!  :-[ I actually saw that in the thread the other day, and totally forgot. Many apols, but still congrats. :D

Hubs

Cool map and story. Good job keeping PAC fresh and new.

Hidden PZs was my favorite part of this map.

traisjames

I finished the game but it won't make it as finished.

Xeos

Quote from: traisjames on March 06, 2015, 11:41:23 PM
I finished the game but it won't make it as finished.
There must be something on the map that hasn't been destroyed. If you are sure you have killed everything, please take a screenshot if you can and post it please.
Thanks

Xeos

Quote from: Hubs on March 06, 2015, 09:34:41 PM
Cool map and story. Good job keeping PAC fresh and new.

Hidden PZs was my favorite part of this map.
Cheers Hubs :) Glad you liked the Hidden Pz's although the placement of the coastline ones were a bit obvious after you got the first one.. The trouble with me is I have more ideas than my coding skills can express ha ha :) Anyway, we may have one more map in planning then that's it for a while unfortunately :(

jkukka

No, I can't take any site (most left, or next right). I have flipped two emitters but no luck.

teknotiss

Quote from: jkukka on March 08, 2015, 05:44:20 AM
No, I can't take any site (most left, or next right). I have flipped two emitters but no luck.

hi
do you mean you can find any PZ's?
try getting the totem to the right, then aim your spore tower just short of a shield on the left side (on the flip-mitters is fine) and push using the field tool to kill the shields
Spoiler
there are PZ's under the shields all along the coast line
[close]
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus