Custom Map #1691: Queen Annabelle's Castle. By: Xeos

Started by AutoPost, February 01, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Game Loser

10/10 for map design, the artwork and canons were just great!

It was made relatively a chunk easier due to the fact that each defense block was powered by it's own orbital.  The task was much easier than other maps which use interwoven connections.
That said, it was great fun to play and a bit of a mind bender (am I allowed to say 'bender'?) when scaling the walls.  We know it's top down action, but because the human mind likes to work in 3 dimensions, it tripped me out.

Very well done to you!
Many thanks.
AMD Ryzen 1700X / 32GiB DDR4 / Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070

Xeos

Quote from: Game Loser on February 19, 2015, 08:24:51 AM
10/10 for map design, the artwork and canons were just great!

It was made relatively a chunk easier due to the fact that each defense block was powered by it's own orbital.  The task was much easier than other maps which use interwoven connections.
That said, it was great fun to play and a bit of a mind bender (am I allowed to say 'bender'?) when scaling the walls.  We know it's top down action, but because the human mind likes to work in 3 dimensions, it tripped me out.

Very well done to you!
Many thanks.

I am glad you liked it and it was never intended to be hard. I do know what you mean about the creep scaling the 'walls' - It is a bit trippy he he :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

Eppiox

This map looks great, as my first PAC map it took me onwards of 2 hours of getting frustrated before I knew you could pulse/toggle things etc.  Perhaps in the opening dialogue say you can 'press h' or some such so someone else is not left completely clueless to these vital commands.

Xeos

Quote from: Eppiox on March 08, 2015, 10:04:37 AM
This map looks great, as my first PAC map it took me onwards of 2 hours of getting frustrated before I knew you could pulse/toggle things etc.  Perhaps in the opening dialogue say you can 'press h' or some such so someone else is not left completely clueless to these vital commands.
Yes i agree you make a good point - I will do that in future and put in more instructions :) thanks for commenting

Tyler21

Although not challenging, this map is my favorite one, I love this amazing artwork and the clever ideas to storm the castle.
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

Xeos

Quote from: Tyler21 on March 30, 2015, 03:01:22 PM
Although not challenging, this map is my favorite one, I love this amazing artwork and the clever ideas to storm the castle.
Thanks for your kind comments Tyler21 - Glad you enjoyed it :) We are thinking of making QA Castle 2 and that will be epic... watch this space ;)

funnyjoshbosh

im confused as to how this map works? i cant get anything to build? please help me :(

mzimmer74

Quote from: funnyjoshbosh on June 02, 2015, 05:13:13 PM
im confused as to how this map works? i cant get anything to build? please help me :(
I'm guessing you are asking how to play a "Play as Creeper" map here.  If so, I put together a guide at http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17572.msg124848 that should give you the basics.  It's a bit old now, but it should help you get started.
Good Luck.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.