Custom Map #1691: Queen Annabelle's Castle. By: Xeos

Started by AutoPost, February 01, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1691: Queen Annabelle's Castle

Author: Xeos
Size: 140x140

Desc:
Queen Annabelle has a dark ruthless side and the Black Knight is after her for killing his father. She thinks she is safe in her castle but I am not so sure. The Black Knight has brought some cannons and has noticed that if he can cut off the supply to the defences at the top of the 2 towers, he can take her castle and her as well ! Good Luck on your quest #PlayAsCreeper #PAC #3DEffect

Xeos

This map is not hard but we had a play with a 3D effect and it actually looks pretty good with the spores flying over the 'walls' - The cannons are triggered by the presence of creep and they have a predetermined trajectory. If you can take out the spore defenses at the top of the 2 towers, the castle is yours :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

pastor.healer

Wow!  CW3 just went up a notch.  The artists are showing up. 

Well done Xeos!

Linden

Quote from: pastor.healer on February 01, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

Well done Xeos!

Agreed, Pastor Healer! :D

Xeos, amazing-looking map (and now I'm off to play it). Very well done. :)

iwishforpie2

Xeos, can you keep it PG and not use foul language? As you know, there can be little kids playing CW.
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

Xeos

Quote from: iwishforpie2 on February 01, 2015, 04:09:36 PM
Xeos, can you keep it PG and not use foul language? As you know, there can be little kids playing CW.
What foul language are you referring to exactly?

Xeos

Quote from: pastor.healer on February 01, 2015, 03:34:09 PM

Well done Xeos!
Thanks for yours and iwishforpie2's kind comments but I must fess up and say that it was my son Ashley who did the artistry on the map. I thought it looked pretty cool watching the spores fly over it. It had a cool effect don't you think?

D0m0nik

UrMawMah

Quote from: Xeos on February 01, 2015, 04:26:34 PM
Quote from: iwishforpie2 on February 01, 2015, 04:09:36 PM
What foul language are you referring to exactly?

...I'm assuming "Damn" and it actually doesn't keep it from qualifying even a G rating. (according to the MPAA ratings board!)

....the Eff-bomb is even used in a handful of PG movies, so keep that in mind..

Other than that, gorgeous map, wonderful play, all in all keep it up!

Helper

I very seldom play the PAC games, but the graphics really caught my eye.
Very nice work and a lot of fun to play.
This was a DAMN fine map!
H.

pawel345

Great map nice story can't wait for more like it^^

Xeos

Thank you all for your kind comments I am glad you enjoyed it :)

I also didn't know 'Damn' was foul language. Its amazing that my plot is based on a psychologically insane queen who has killed the father of the Black Knight (in circumstances that are too horrible to discuss) and the thing that has upset someone is that I used the word Damn.. It's a funny old world eh  :D

Just a quick thanks to teknotiss & J for helping me with my creeperworld problems earlier :)

stdout

Many curses are considered profane in the USA while in other countries are treated as mild and harmless. Damn is one such curse.

Anyway, the map was stunning! Probably the most beautiful map I've seen in CW3, and the gameplay was fun. Great going, Xeos! 10/10.

mzimmer74

Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Helper

Quote from: stdout on February 02, 2015, 08:35:13 AM
Many curses are considered profane in the USA...Damn is one such curse.

Well I'll be damned!
I never knew that about living in the USA.
Live and learn.
H