Custom Map #1564: NukeCity. By: Xeos

Started by AutoPost, January 04, 2015, 12:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1564: NukeCity

Author: Xeos
Size: 150x150

Desc:
This is the first map I have ever made. I hope you like it and if you do I will make many more :) #PlayAsCreeper #PAC

Xeos

This is the first map I have EVER made and I hope it to be the first of many. It is a bit rough but I hope you like it and then can give me some feedback good or bad.
Many thanks for playing it :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

Linden

I like it a lot! It's not a quick dash, and there are several ways to go wrong (ie get stumped trying to force the creeper through), which I really liked.

Thanks for the map, and I hope you make a million more. :D

Hubs

Xeos, great job on this one dude! Great to see another PAC author out there.

That was quite enjoyable to play and gave a good challenge throughout. Hope you keep it up and make many more! Really had to hone in on my spore timing skills :)

Xeos

Quote from: Linden on January 04, 2015, 03:03:38 PM
I like it a lot! It's not a quick dash, and there are several ways to go wrong (ie get stumped trying to force the creeper through), which I really liked.

Thanks for the map, and I hope you make a million more. :D

Hi Linden - Thanks for your kind comments :) After playing the epic maps from Hubs and stdout, they inspired me to make something - I had an idea to start with and as you found out, trying to push through with ground creep looks the obvious way but it wont work in some places and other strategies are needed.  The way the end works isn't quite what I wanted but I let it go out as I was keen to get my first map published and see some feedback to see what works and what doesn't. I am working on the next one now and as I learn more about it, I should be able to make them tough challenges, but fun to play. Thanks again :)
Ian

Xeos

Quote from: Hubs on January 04, 2015, 04:21:19 PM
Xeos, great job on this one dude! Great to see another PAC author out there.

That was quite enjoyable to play and gave a good challenge throughout. Hope you keep it up and make many more! Really had to hone in on my spore timing skills :)
Thanks Hubs - Your comments are very well appreciated ;D  I am already working on the next one  ;)

mzimmer74

Great first map!  I thought it'd be fairly easy but the "rough" ground around the south made for a higher challenge.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Xeos

Quote from: mzimmer74 on January 04, 2015, 05:18:51 PM
Great first map!  I thought it'd be fairly easy but the "rough" ground around the south made for a higher challenge.
Thanks :) I put that ground in because it was too easy to spore the void and that limits that somewhat :) I am glad you liked it and thanks again for the positive feedback :)

iwishforpie2

I found it pretty hard, but very good for a first map. It's nice to see another PAC author out there!
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

stdout

Looks awesome. I can't wait to play it. I really like island maps, and I especially like the idea of disconnected bases, which is something you've got here.

Stave

I had a particularly rough time cracking the south base. Fun, regardless! Always glad to see another take on PAC.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Stave on January 05, 2015, 12:06:10 AM
I had a particularly rough time cracking the south base. Fun, regardless! Always glad to see another take on PAC.

I couldn't crack it at all until I cracked the east base--but after that the south base melted like snow in a blowtorch.

stdout

Great play! I'm looking forward to your next one.

thumbmaster

This was a fantastic map. I'm glad to see another StarCraft veteran joining the ranks in CW3. I find myself playing this a lot more than SC2 nowadays.

This map made me really pay attention to the force field. There were times when I thought I was at a stalemate; then by subtly varying the direction and location of the field, I was able to advance. The NE base was a real deucey until I "got it". I will be re-playing this to make up for time I lost while stuck at various points. Thank you for a very smart map.  ;D
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

Xeos

Quote from: thumbmaster on January 05, 2015, 07:57:24 AM
This was a fantastic map. I'm glad to see another StarCraft veteran joining the ranks in CW3. I find myself playing this a lot more than SC2 nowadays.

This map made me really pay attention to the force field. There were times when I thought I was at a stalemate; then by subtly varying the direction and location of the field, I was able to advance. The NE base was a real deucey until I "got it". I will be re-playing this to make up for time I lost while stuck at various points. Thank you for a very smart map.  ;D

I am glad you liked it thumbmaster :) I made a point in the design for the player to need to use the force-field well to get some traction in the map. It feels fantastic when you 'get it' and then can move on :)