Custom Map #1211: The Mallard System. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, October 02, 2014, 04:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

I finally completed the map:
Walkthrough:
Spoiler

Start by saving 2 emitters in the lower area.
Then the digitalis expands to let you have some power zones.
Build spore towers there.
Look at some powerzone berthas that have beams to the back, this allows sending spores there to kill them, they will not be rebuilt, the same with the thors.
Focus on attacking important relays with spores to cut off some things.
I cut off the anticreeper and 2 normal berthas which are only supplyed by guppies on the bottom.
I surrounded and disconnected the middle CN
The locations where the powerzone berthas are were good to connect the digitalis so that some behind their defenses attack.
With only a few spores I was able to send their CNs flying and thors destroyed before they are built. It looks like they have a high cost to build so they take a very long time, this is how it was possible to destroy the thors before they defend the creeper very well.
After the CNs and thors die, it is just a matter of destroying the remaining units on the map.
[close]

toolforger

I didn't like it.
Worst offender was that it's that nasty PAC script with the oversized supported-emitter image (looks nice but it horrible to see what's happening below it) and the inability to select groups of emitters (or spore towers).
Together with the huge amount of PZs, this map became micromanagement hell for me. In the end, I simply slogged through it all, inching my way through empty space until everything was buried under creeper, wich wasn't fun either but it was successful.

stdout

Old map using the old code. PAC subsystem was improved greatly after this map was created.

tornado

Out of curiosity, is the name a reference to the NCIS character or the duck?
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

stdout

I don't know what NCIS is. I named the map after the duck shaped island  ;)

tornado

Naval Criminal Investigation Service. It's an American crime show. The medical examiners last name is Mallard(Which leads to the nickname 'Duckie').
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

stdout

I don't want shows except for the occasional downloaded sci-fi like stargate ;D

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last