Custom Map #838: CreeperComeback. By: stewbasic

Started by AutoPost, July 12, 2014, 08:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lioncourt

I must say, I just recently noticed this map, and I very much enjoyed it.  Best map I have played so far (or should I say played multi times).  I tried to edit the map to make it super large, added land, more of all the "bad" guys items, and when I tried to play, as soon as I hit the letter E for the first emitter, the game stopped allowing me to do things, but the time kept counting, so I gave up and deleted it (if I had 20/20 eagle hindsight I wouldnt have deleted it).  I don't know much about the script works, but am looking forward to more of these types of maps.  Heading back into game for another play. :D  Thank you for this map, my only 10 rating so far.

Oh, and if there are any more of these types of maps hidden, please give a shout and point in its direction :)
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

stdout

I posted map #1099 yesterday which is based on this map. I suspect you will enjoy it.  ;D

Lioncourt

Yes, I had looked to see what is new after I made my post. :)  Played it, it was easier than Stewbasic's.  Make em harder, bigger, and and and.. :)  The longer (and interesting) it is I can play with the creeper, the more I smile.

stdout

I've got one I'm just now finishing up that may be more to your liking. :)

Linden

Quote from: stdout on September 04, 2014, 03:34:37 PM
I've got one I'm just now finishing up that may be more to your liking. :)

Oooh! Quick-quick! :D

Thanks for your hard work, by the way - you and stewbasic. I'm so happy with these maps. :) Whoever suggested Virgil making this a feature? It's a great idea!

stdout

I've played my new map and keep making tweaks. It has a very, very slow start which is a lot of fun, but mid game you get so powerful that you just overwhelm the entire map. So I'm currently working on making the mid game more challenging. The map will not be done today (or maybe not even tomorrow.)

I also have as a goal to make the game more responsive to what you do. So at certain points Abraxis makes decisions and does things based on your progress. I figure that can be used to increase the challenge as you progress.

Making these is even more fun than playing them!

Lioncourt

Don't make us wait too long :)  Did you or Stewbasic figure out how to also implement the runners?  I so much wanna send out those runners full of creeper!!!  :)  Time to play your map again.  Toodles.

stewbasic

Quote from: Lioncourt on September 04, 2014, 04:29:10 PM
Don't make us wait too long :)  Did you or Stewbasic figure out how to also implement the runners?  I so much wanna send out those runners full of creeper!!!  :)  Time to play your map again.  Toodles.
I started on the runners but a bunch of things have been keeping me pretty busy over the past month :/. Hopefully I can get back on it this weekend (especially with inspiration from stdout to keep going with it ;))

Lioncourt

If it is inspiration you need, I am sure stdout has his cheerleading outfit with the frilly pom-poms to do some jumping dances for you!  :D  But I must say, it has been a while since I really enjoyed playing a map.

stdout

Just uploaded my new map to CS called RiverTakeBack. Enjoy, and please comment on the new thread that was created for it.

Linden

I still can't beat my best time! It's gloriously frustrating to try, though. :D (Love this type of map).

harrymcb

Lioncourt

stdout

Wow, you're right. Where did it go? Why is it not in CS anymore?

teknotiss

dunno? :o
it was recently (last week maybe two weeks?), that's a shame i really loved that map and was playing it every so often?
Karsten75 do you have any idea? ???
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus