Custom Map #189: Construction. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, February 02, 2014, 12:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

Now you're talking!
Us old INfantry guys do best with pictures.
I saw that in one of your prior posts, but didn't understand the significance.
Thanks for going the extra mile.
H

creeperwworld3

look im makeing the others hard (remakeing them)
Spoiler
[close]
i got mad when i was not able to compelete them so i made this one easy so i could compelete it

planetfall

Quote from: creeperwworld3 on February 15, 2014, 12:56:43 PM
look im makeing the others hard (remakeing them)
Spoiler
[close]
i got mad when i was not able to compelete them so i made this one easy so i could compelete it

Interesting, I always thought this was the easiest one...
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: planetfall on February 02, 2014, 03:50:23 PM
4. How on earth did you beat the map without using the constructor? It shouldn't be possible to destroy the far left totem and AET without it.

I found the constructor rather useless and had no problem beating it on my second try (the first time I didn't have adequate beams with my assault force and a missile got through) without it.  I don't even see how it would be useful there.

To get that totem you use a PZ relay from the base up top.

Jamz

I think I remember planetfall saying somewhere that the "idea" was that you'd have to use the constructor to create an artificial PZ on which you could then build a relay to get to that totem. That PZ from the base up top was an oversight and it wasn't supposed to provide a means to getting to that totem.

Neoshade

Great Maps!
A couple thoughts: 1) The constructor is very clunky, and a little frustrating to work with and build around. Perhaps this could be upgraded in later maps to something simpler like an expensive unit that moves very slowly, and will sacrifice itself to create a PZ. 2) I found that the upper half of this map was very interesting, but difficult to get involved with until sufficient resources had been gathered - at which point I simply overwhelmed it and only used 1 or 2 of the PZs before wiping the map clean. A more incremental approach or more room to build might allow for a continuously interesting play.
Thanks again for a great map!

Tero

Great puzzle map!  Lots of challenges while providing the player the opportunity to build and expand at there own pace.  I haven't read all the posts, so this is probably covered.  But the custom tech near the lower righthand corner wasn't helpful after the totem was nullified.  I really like the totem & anti air craft shield at center-left.  The missiles was a headache.  Which made this map great.
I respect those who quote me the least.