Custom Map #4134: Reclaim. By: l2edl3aron

Started by AutoPost, December 22, 2016, 09:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4134: Reclaim

Author: l2edl3aron
Size: 243x243

Desc:
This world has strategic resources we must reclaim. Commander this task is up to you. Unpause briefly at the beginning to allow orbital weapons to fly up to you. Do not waste them!

Karsten75

Honestly not sure how to play it "the long way"....

newuploader1

Karsten75

Any of the top players want to take a flier at doing this the long way? I can't survive long  enough with the limited energy.

OFC, I can do it the quick way - Author left a huge, gaping exploit in the map.

D0m0nik

The hole in this map is so large I cannot see what the long way is, where would you land and do you mean to take out all of the other units first and finish on the big emitter?

D0m0nik

I gave it a go landing in the top corners and took out all units in both. I made a decent base top right and used CNs to keep totems in both corners going getting energy upgrades up to 200. But one reactor = useless vs 2000 deep creep.

My guess is that to win this map without the instawin you would still need to land 2 CNs at the boss emitter with a freeze and take out some of the emitters but leave the big chap alone, you would also need to use other CNs and AOOs to then take out some of the other threats as the spores are just too much for one reactor to deal with. I suspect I have missed a trick though!

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I did that... took out the center emitters & spores, then both the top groups and hunkered down in a wee little spot in the upper right corner so I could maximize the forge singularity + AOO's. Managed to get through the first spore wave with everything intact, but that took me close to 2 hours of actual playing time. I "think" I see how it's done but I just don't feel like going back through that and fine-tuning what I did wrong.

If anyone wants to try this - maybe someone has a gun to your head and is forcing you to do so, I dunno - I used guppies and one CN to power all 4 totem corners & to collect the AOO's. I just rotated the guppies clockwise so when one dropped below 5% health I'd fly it to the next totem group. By the time it reaches it, it's healed and by the time it goes through all 3 corners, it's ready to come home.

For the spore wave, I used the singularity on the nearby PZ's and then converted it to AC. I had 7-8 beams ready to rotate in the available PZ's. If I re-attempted this, I would probably build a bertha in one of the PZ's earlier on in the game and upgrade a few things differently. Either that or pull out my toenails with old rusty pliers while chewing a mouthful of thumbtacks that had been soaked in super glue. One would be about as pleasant as the other, I suspect.  :P
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

willbir

Looks like you can clear it the old-fashioned way.
Spoiler
I just dropped all the blue AOOs in the corner, cleared the emitter/spores, built 8 berthas on the PZs and went in for a long slog.
[close]

D0m0nik

Quote from: willbir on December 29, 2016, 07:27:56 AM
Looks like you can clear it the old-fashioned way.

Much respect to you, nice work!

Johnny Haywire

Aye, thanks Willbur! I had sort-of tried that earlier but assumed I wouldn't have the powergrid to support 9 berthas with only one reactor but it's really no problem.

I decided to only use berthas and sprayers against the creep and it took just over 80 fairly relaxing minutes to hit the Inhibitor. It seems when you try to post a longer score that it just posts your fastest score twice.

Yanno, I really like this map! l2edl3aron, if you choose to remake this you could remove the freeze, or make it so people can't use AOO's near the inhibitor. And if you really want to be fun you could remove blasters & mortars too, just for fun.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?