Creeper World 3 Seriel Key Discussion

Started by ghostwalker13, August 23, 2015, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostwalker13

Okay.
So I want to install CW3 on my 2nd PC, but I deleted the email containing the serial key.
And that was how long ago... about 1 year ago... :P
So I'm asking...

"How would you even retrieve the key?"

(And I'm hoping virgilw is reading this. If you have a data base of Serial keys and a record of who used them, you'd be a life saver.)
Anyways, I'm not that kind of person who wants to go and try hacking into it.
If anyone can help, then that would be greatly appreciated.

ghostwalker13

Oh.
Sorry, in the title there is supposed to be an "a" instead of "e" in the word "seriel".
G'day all.

knucracker

Send email to support at knucklecracker.com.  Include some info you entered when you purchased (like your email address) and I'll lookup your key.

Karsten75

Quote from: ghostwalker13 on August 23, 2015, 09:44:23 AM
Okay.
So I want to install CW3 on my 2nd PC, but I deleted the email containing the serial key.
And that was how long ago... about 1 year ago... :P
So I'm asking...

"How would you even retrieve the key?"

(And I'm hoping virgilw is reading this. If you have a data base of Serial keys and a record of who used them, you'd be a life saver.)
Anyways, I'm not that kind of person who wants to go and try hacking into it.
If anyone can help, then that would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly, if you had posted in the corect forum (SUpport instead of "upcoming Release chatter", you might have seen a sticky post at the top telling you how to contact Knuckle Cracker for a lost key.

But since you already have CW3 on a PC, look in the following folder:

%appdata%\Roaming\CreeperWorld3

For a file named keydata.dat   Your key is in there and you can just copy that file to the same location on your 2nd PC.

Quote from: ghostwalker13 on August 23, 2015, 09:45:52 AM
Oh.
Sorry, in the title there is supposed to be an "a" instead of "e" in the word "seriel".
G'day all.

It's not really hard to edit a topic and correct small typos, even in the title.

ghostwalker13

Okay, thanks.
I'll try your way.
But I've got to say...
When I look in the CW3 files in sectors and dat stuff, it's written in a code similar to latin.
So if the info there, IS written in it, then I'm going back to support. :P

ghostwalker13

I've come back to say:

Since I've got 2 pc's, I wanna transport my current CW3 files to my other one so I don't have to do all the progress again.
   So, how do you do it.
   A little guide would be good.

ghostwalker13

Scratch that. I found a discussion about moving files.
If that didn't give me all the information I needed, I'll be coming back here for answers.