Screenshots and Videos

Started by knucracker, September 10, 2016, 03:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeOfRed

So new episodes are up...should be three of them today.  Enjoy and let me know what you think! 

(I made a special effort to try to use all my amp gems)  ;)

ShadeOfRed

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2016, 03:14:40 PM
Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 14, 2016, 03:00:22 PM
Yeah, I looked, there weren't any by Teknotiss at the moment.  I'm sure there will be when the game goes public!

teknotiss has made quite a lot of (awesome!) maps over the development of PF alpha and beta, and he is currently working to upgrade his maps for the current build, ready for inclusion at release.

C'mon tek - we're all hanging out for your maps!

Nice.  I didn't see any unfortunately...but looking forward to it. 

Also looking forward to diving into YOUR maps Cavemaniac!  Probably tomorrow!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 14, 2016, 03:24:31 PM

Ho ho!

You might have quite a wait!

I made a dozen CW3 maps, but not a single PF one.

My input on PF has been limited to:

'Can I please have this feature, Virgil?'

'Umm - is it supposed to do that Virgil?'

'Woo-hoo, early access to PF - I'm sooooo lucky!!'
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

ShadeOfRed

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2016, 03:54:02 PM

Ho ho!

Oh really?  Weird.

Stupid dual monitor screenshot.  Gah.  Anyway on the right...zoom in a little.  Little more maybe.  Who's that map made by?  ;)

Ninja

Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 14, 2016, 03:58:29 PM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2016, 03:54:02 PM

Ho ho!

Oh really?  Weird.

Stupid dual monitor screenshot.  Gah.  Anyway on the right...zoom in a little.  Little more maybe.  Who's that map made by?  ;)
I believe Cave is referring to that he hasn't made any custom maps; that map is a simulacrum map that he uploaded to the exchange (or whatever it's called in PF lol), I believe.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 14, 2016, 03:58:29 PM

Who's that map made by?  ;)

Ha!

Busted.

But Ninja is right.

I can use the sim to generate awesome maps (as can anyone), but custom maps benefit from the touch of an artist...

If you want to try one of my maps, try 'Needs Tweeking' - it's not too hard and requires a couple of different strategies which might make a good video.

Ninja

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2016, 04:25:09 PM
But Ninja is right.
Yay, correct assumptions about things that I haven't played yet!
Also, Cave, if you have any ideas for that "needs tweaking" map that you want to PM to me, that'd be awesome. I'll need somewhere to start from! ;)

mzimmer74

Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 14, 2016, 03:23:04 PM
So new episodes are up...should be three of them today.  Enjoy and let me know what you think! 

I must say I've been enjoying watching you play the maps.  Especially glad to see you using amp gems now! :)  Actually, I can understand the whole "save it just in case I need it later" mentality.  I tend towards that in games as well.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: mzimmer74 on September 14, 2016, 06:03:46 PM

I must say I've been enjoying watching you play the maps.  Especially glad to see you using amp gems now! :)  Actually, I can understand the whole "save it just in case I need it later" mentality.  I tend towards that in games as well.

The uber-cool thing about how amp gems are implemented in PF is that you haven't 'spent' them as such - if you want you can 'release' them and use them elsewhere.

I've found, for example, that I need just a little bit of rock burning done, so when it's done, I reallocate the gem where it's most useful.

Having said that, I'm an upgrade junky - I rarely use the gems to ramp up an individual ship's performance.

Still learning!

ShadeOfRed

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2016, 06:45:55 PM
Quote from: mzimmer74 on September 14, 2016, 06:03:46 PM

The uber-cool thing about how amp gems are implemented in PF is that you haven't 'spent' them as such - if you want you can 'release' them and use them elsewhere.

I've found, for example, that I need just a little bit of rock burning done, so when it's done, I reallocate the gem where it's most useful.

Having said that, I'm an upgrade junky - I rarely use the gems to ramp up an individual ship's performance.

Still learning!

I know.  But my brain doesn't grog that yet.  :)  I've only been playing a few days.  ;)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 14, 2016, 07:23:49 PM

I know.  But my brain doesn't grog that yet.  :)  I've only been playing a few days.  ;)

Grog.

Definitely grog!

;)

grog
noun

spirits (originally rum) mixed with water.

--------------

grok
verb: grok; 3rd person present: groks; past tense: grokked; past participle: grokked; gerund or present participle: grokking

understand (something) intuitively or by empathy.
    "corporate leaders seemed to grok this concept fairly quickly"
        establish a rapport.
        "nestling earth couple would like to find water brothers to grok with in peace"

ShadeOfRed

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 14, 2016, 07:27:43 PM
Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 14, 2016, 07:23:49 PM

Grog.

Definitely grog!

;)

grog
noun

spirits (originally rum) mixed with water.

--------------

grok
verb: grok; 3rd person present: groks; past tense: grokked; past participle: grokked; gerund or present participle: grokking

understand (something) intuitively or by empathy.
    "corporate leaders seemed to grok this concept fairly quickly"
        establish a rapport.
        "nestling earth couple would like to find water brothers to grok with in peace"

Nope.  I don't grog it.  :)  Or maybe that's why I don't get it...because I've drank to much grog in my life?  Dunno.   ;D

Nicant

Here are some Screenshots of what happens when you have too much time on your hands...

The most interesting feature so far is the ship editor. You can really make some crazy ships with it! :)
CW4 hype!!

miquelfire

I wanna call that one ship a squeegee! :P

ShadeOfRed

Quote from: miquelfire on September 14, 2016, 10:02:07 PM
I wanna call that one ship a squeegee! :P

I was going to call it the Wii light bar.  :)