Custom Map #1512: Stupidity V. By: Toidi_Na

Started by AutoPost, May 09, 2021, 11:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1512: Stupidity V

Author: Toidi_Na
Size: 512x128

Karsten75

Seems you delight in making maps of this type. Good luck. Personally I find it boring when people make missions with limits that intentionally slow me down so I have to spend extra hours on a map.

Toidi_Na

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 09, 2021, 07:49:13 PM
Seems you delight in making maps of this type. Good luck. Personally I find it boring when people make missions with limits that intentionally slow me down so I have to spend extra hours on a map.
Not necessarily, I just got stupid ideas floating in my head, & decided to try them out.

CS Z

The one Terp unit limit + all the contaiminated terrain along the edge makes this map about 40 minutes longer than it should be.  The player spends most of the clock time Terping rather than fighting.  Also, once the first hill has been partially secured, there's no risk of losing since the creeper cap gets hit pretty quickly, spores target set locations, and nothing dangerous ever happens on the outside wall.  Then it is just a matter of planning a few minor incursions to nullify units NOT on the edge, build a bunch of Nullifiers and charge them but not activate them, and then turn on all the Nullifiers at the same time for the win.

Turtling with a single Terp is, IMO, not particularly great map design.  There's no point to playing the map past surviving the first spore launches (first 5 minutes).

Toidi_Na

Quote from: CS Z on May 10, 2021, 01:00:59 AM
The one Terp unit limit + all the contaiminated terrain along the edge makes this map about 40 minutes longer than it should be.  The player spends most of the clock time Terping rather than fighting.  Also, once the first hill has been partially secured, there's no risk of losing since the creeper cap gets hit pretty quickly, spores target set locations, and nothing dangerous ever happens on the outside wall.  Then it is just a matter of planning a few minor incursions to nullify units NOT on the edge, build a bunch of Nullifiers and charge them but not activate them, and then turn on all the Nullifiers at the same time for the win.

Turtling with a single Terp is, IMO, not particularly great map design.  There's no point to playing the map past surviving the first spore launches (first 5 minutes).

That's why the maps are named stupidity, there not really supposed to be good maps. If they are great, if not oh well. It was more of an experiment than anything else for my own stupidity, but I do thank you for the criticism.

BilboGCL

One sees pretty early what's this map good for - it's for sure not one of the worst maps we have, and it IS looking nice, well designed (well, kind of ;) ) and the terp thing is rather easily done once one has an ern for the terp.
So, I appreciate this map, even when it took it's time

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!