Custom Map #1489: Temple Trio. By: UberWaffe

Started by AutoPost, May 06, 2021, 05:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1489: Temple Trio

Author: UberWaffe
Size: 180x180

Durikkan

The supply mechanics are pretty fun (you can rapidly produce more than you can ever spend), but getting started is a bit rough (I suppose that's why you stuck the easy mode option in there.)
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

UberWaffe

Quote from: Durikkan on May 06, 2021, 06:55:16 PM
The supply mechanics are pretty fun (you can rapidly produce more than you can ever spend), but getting started is a bit rough (I suppose that's why you stuck the easy mode option in there.)
Here are some hints:
Spoiler

• Build a Dimensional stockpile (or warehouse) in your main base so you can get the city resources.
  • Early on energy is king. Getting extra Habs early on helps a lot.
  • Once you have a bit of Arg income, build a fusion plant. +10 energy is very good.
  • If you are not taking easy mode, you will need lots and lots of mortars. Make sure you have enough energy income to feed them./li]
    • Once you have a decent economy up and running (Arg wise), start making some ERNs.
[close]

Mr$Hyper$

Habitations are cool but I still get rushed hard by these mega waves of creep despite my 15 mortars online

Karsten75

What struck me about this map is how hard it was to visually differentiate the various grey units.  Some were also very, very busy (there were 5 highrises and a middle entity in the "habitat". I did experiment a bit and they looked a lot better with color applied to the various highrise towers.

Additionally, the poster before me on this thread was left somewhat rudderless by the absence of wiki entries for the various units.

Brila

I love that Map and the challenge in the beginning. But:

Is it possible to add proper Tooltips?
Maybe some mouseover Tooltips?

That would really help guessing what buildings i need and what not.

Does the warehouse give me Energie, or not? I can not tell.

I won the map in the second attempt and failed nearly in the middle of the fight, because of a huge energy break and i don't know why, and where exactly.

Karsten75

Quote from: Brila on September 18, 2021, 04:22:46 PM
I love that Map and the challenge in the beginning. But:

Is it possible to add proper Tooltips?
Maybe some mouseover Tooltips?

That would really help guessing what buildings i need and what not.

Does the warehouse give me Energie, or not? I can not tell.

I won the map in the second attempt and failed nearly in the middle of the fight, because of a huge energy break and i don't know why, and where exactly.

Once the map is uploaded, the ship has sailed for changes/additions. :)