Custom Map #1122: BvF Cursor 1. By: BvF

Started by AutoPost, March 22, 2021, 08:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1122: BvF Cursor 1

Author: BvF
Size: 320x200

TrickyPlayer

Lemme just do a quick check of what's good and bad in this map.
Early challenges: none except for spreading anticreeper, because there's no creeper at most of the map.
Endgame challenges/Midgame challenges: pretty decent. It's not just a walk in the park where you just push through everything.
Terrain: kinda makes me want to scream but it's decent I guess.
Amount of sections: probably enough to be classified as a Cursor map.
Unique/new stuff: enough that it doesn't feel like an uninspired map. I kinda like the Bertha.
Special terrain placement: not sure what some parts even are supposed to exist for.
Objectives: Hold objective is literally impossible to lose at 2 minutes (Typo in editor maybe?)

Overall: Not good, but it's not a disgrace to Cursor maps. I have to admit it's close though... but I don't think anyone is gonna complain about a Cursor level unless it's impossible or the creeper's existence isn't noticeable.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

MrWizard

Not bad. I liked that you had to do something to prevent losing one of the bases.

matjojo

Very enjoyable map! I liked that it was very fast and that you weren't really pushing ages against something to make it move. The terrain was very annoying to navigate at first  ;D but I suspect that that was on purpose hehe. The shape of the map was very interesting, and the power of the breeder felt well balanced.

I also really liked how the three stashes at the end worked together, them feeding each other really made it a little short puzzle to see how to end the map.

Thanks for making(:

BvF7734

Quote from: matjojo on May 09, 2021, 08:52:18 AM
Very enjoyable map! I liked that it was very fast and that you weren't really pushing ages against something to make it move. The terrain was very annoying to navigate at first  ;D but I suspect that that was on purpose hehe. The shape of the map was very interesting, and the power of the breeder felt well balanced.

I also really liked how the three stashes at the end worked together, them feeding each other really made it a little short puzzle to see how to end the map.

Thanks for making(:

Thank you!  I know, the terrain was annoying, but as you guessed, I did it that way on purpose.  Glad you liked the map!  :D