Custom Map #1771: [pac] payback round 6. By: GuardianDragonlord

Started by AutoPost, June 20, 2021, 04:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1771: [pac] payback round 6

Author: GuardianDragonlord
Size: 160x409

jayson200113

Please just please stop churning these maps out put some more time and effort in these maps rather then just slapping everything on it

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: jayson200113 on June 20, 2021, 08:46:47 AM
Please just please stop churning these maps out put some more time and effort in these maps rather then just slapping everything on it
You're not forced to play these maps, but I suppose you got a point. I myself try to do something as good as I can the first time, making some kind of balance and having something planned beforehand. Then again, people play these maps...

Having no way to downvote a map means the map creators have a hard time figuring out if their maps are good or bad, so that might also be a cause.

It could also be that this person is only creating maps for themselves to play, and don't care if others like it. Seeing how they seem to do quantity over gameplay/balancing, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

CyberDyneSystems

It's funny, there are a number of maps right now that I have started and then quit out because I can;t make any headway. Sometimes I go back to them, but often I don't.

This map, and others like it at least I can always see that I can make headway, even with the atrocious lag,. and that keeps me playing. This map appears to have a "trick" way to beat it much faster than pure attrition, and that to me means some thought goes into it.  I was unable to manage this, but I know it can be done. (take out micro-rift to the north asap) as someone was able to beat this map in 18 minutes. Again, he fact that we can still beat it without it being a one trick, is saying something. If it weren't for the lag, I'd actually rate this map pretty well. Who knows, maybe the mapmaker has a monster system that even puts my Skynet to shame, and thus they aren't dealing with the lag?

Vyce223

I'm not sure what to say about this one that I haven't said before about the others.

Extremely laggy and well, Emitters are just so strong.

ButterySkank

If anyone has any tips, would absolutely love to hear 'em.

Vyce223

Quote from: ButterySkank on June 21, 2021, 09:36:59 PM

I'm not sure where you might be struggling here, but as soon as you start as long as you put the emitters you have down you should be able to get out of the starting area, then start expanding soon as the multiplier goes up. If you want to break out a bit earlier then you can try a field generator to push the creep out and lay a layer thick enough to move one of your emitters outside the box, try to put mesh where possible too if you can get it to be outside of the box as fast as possible.

SteveCarlo

Quote from: Vyce223 on June 22, 2021, 06:33:10 AM
Quote from: ButterySkank on June 21, 2021, 09:36:59 PM

I'm not sure where you might be struggling here, but as soon as you start as long as you put the emitters you have down you should be able to get out of the starting area, then start expanding soon as the multiplier goes up. If you want to break out a bit earlier then you can try a field generator to push the creep out and lay a layer thick enough to move one of your emitters outside the box, try to put mesh where possible too if you can get it to be outside of the box as fast as possible.

i tried the quick break out gambit...  the AI just beat me down  in several places rather than just in the box.  there are other maps where if you hold out long enough, you get enough emitters and floods to fight back but this was like boxing a guy who's hold sledge hammers

SteveCarlo

perhaps I misjudged this one.  I kept getting discouraged at the 5 minute mark   hold on a bit longer.. it gets fun

Mr$Hyper$

Slap 50 blob and skimmer nests and see how that fits. It's not going to go well.

These payback maps take on average 40 minutes unlike the typical 25 minute PAC maps I see.

You need a SOFT START

Then you make it as hard as you want add 8 thors but make sure you allow the player a way through or whats the point of playing something that you cannot win