Custom Map #1753: [pac] payback round 4. By: GuardianDragonlord

Started by AutoPost, June 14, 2021, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1753: [pac] payback round 4

Author: GuardianDragonlord
Size: 320x200

Shatterstep

The lag is frustratingly bad and it is incredibly hard to move beyond the start. Your starting area just keeps getting pummeled non-stop from super-weapons. You end up having to reply on Creeper++ mode to make your units powerful enough so that you can win.

Sadly, these type of maps aren't enjoyable for me. I guess to each their own.

Binnes

Do you even playtest these? Some secret to making them not so laggy?

Malignantmind

Secret to getting out of the starting corner is squeeze in a launcher on the far left side, right up against the map, and target the nullifier in the north corner that is locking down that emitter. You want the launcher right up against the edge of the map to avoid the airships. Once the enemy has to split attention between two areas, you start making actual progress.

That said, it's still laggy as hell and it's basically watching a slide show. It's a shame. These maps would probably be a lot of fun if they weren't so laggy.

Malignantmind

Managed to get it in ~36 minutes. For all the problems these maps have with lag and balance, this one did result in one of the most satisfying scenes I've had in this game. Hundreds, maybe thousands of spores crisscrossing the map.

But, that wasn't enough to finish it off. Those shields are too strong. After this failed barrage, I switched to eggers from all sides. That did it.