Where is everyone getting the PRPL notations and commands?

Started by Nicant, November 02, 2016, 08:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicant

So the last few weeks i have seen people make maps on the exchange that feature alot of PRPL. So i wonder, where is everyone getting the commands and notations for their PRPL scripts? The Reference on the wiki is not done yet, and i know you can get some of the commands by looking at planetfall's scripts on some exchange maps, but how can you get even more? Any help will be appriciated! :)
CW4 hype!!

Ovalcircle

[removed useless link]
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

GoodMorning

As far as I can tell, any commands used have been either:
Located in existing scripts
Supplied by planetfall/V/K75
Provided by someone helping with doc.
Used as if they are the same as for CRPL (input-related commands)
Guessed (rare)

The wiki will hopefully be opened up soon. If I don't hear back on a question I asked Karsten75 (about the doc compiler) sometime soon, I'll begin doing the wiki mods for it.

In the meantime, I suggest looking at the incomplete alphabetic command list (wiki), or the existing scripts in Story/Inception/Exchange...

And if that doesn't help, ask.

(Ovalcircle, that link goes to the Builders Corner, nothing about PRPL there...)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on November 02, 2016, 08:50:57 PM
(Oblivion, that link goes to the Builders Corner, nothing about PRPL there...)

That's Ovalcircle no?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Oblivion

Best place to go code hunting personally:
1. Final story map
2. Story map with a planet
3. Final Inception Map
4. Planetfalls maps
5. Various Exchange maps

Solid areas to look for, especially 1 & 2 because virgil filled them with code, though mostly warp notation so its a bit iffy on figuring out what to input sometimes
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

GoodMorning

Agreed. V seems to like warp notation, planetfall avoids it. Warp used well lets us see exactly what arguments belong to a given function.

We need to get that reference done, though.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.