builder17's Maps

Started by Builder17, October 09, 2015, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

I would like advice and criticism for my maps. I want test these maps before sending these to CS.  :)

teknotiss

sorry not in order...
well now in alphabetical order...
digi glider PAC; good fun little map, get ready for speed runs! ready to go really... but score wouldn't post.. might be a bug...

DMD terrain test; not my cup of tea... but a good map, also probably ready but i would rename it, it might get reported by dudes who just read the title...

Glider army; also not my scene, random-esque enemies are irritating to me. and the movement of them is too fast and wiggly for me!
but also a ready map if the glider is behaving the way you want...

MovingWorld bming; def not my scene... i really dislike the ground edit scripts.. but i believe others do so no worries
but this map is too big/not enough enemies, needs some polish really!

No dieing gliders; ("dieing" is spelt "dying") also not a fan of being unable to kill everything, but others will like this. i think the gliders are a bit fast perhaps, but i dunno, if slower they might get in the way too much...  and maybe "undead gliders" as a title

PAC with spore script; i think this is too small for the scripts and free stuff, but a fun little map if you want to release it.... i would expand it, and the spore unit limit was annoying.... would need a new name either way

Riverdance (omn); i dunno about this one... bit too big for whats happening i think!
and the messy terrain in the south doesn't add much for me...

ZacknAttacks skripts; fun map, but i killed the inhibitor in 1:48.6... i doubt you want it over that fast?
i landed a CN on the right and connected to the base area, then 8 blasters and a nullifier and win!
inhibitors will always attract attention. i would pull it out of this map, or make it release a lot more creeper a lot faster....

hope that lot helps! ;) 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Builder17

I agree digi glider PAC has problem in score sending. I cannot send it to CS.
Edit: spore script PAC has same bug.

Helper

I just grabbed "DMD" and "Totem" - they're the only ones left showing.
Will play them a little later and post back.
H

Helper

Totem is a great play.
I wouldn't change anything.
H

EDIT: Started DMD and it's driving me crazy. No time to finish tonight, but will kick its butt tomorrow.
H

Helper

Whoa Nellie!
Put a little 'ping' comment (new) when you post new games.
I just game back to look and found a whole bunch more fun.
Time to catch up.
H

Helper

Something as simple as clicking on 'Reply' and listing the names of the new maps you posted.
I just now downloaded everything new I saw, so won't be checking back for a while.
:)
H

evilfight - 4:31.3
Fun, but pretty easy with all the assets you give.

evilfight2 - 11:02
Tougher, and worth a second go.
You like Snipers, don't you?
:)
H

Helper

Quote from: Builder17 on October 20, 2015, 02:34:11 AM
I would like that you explain more was evilfight 2 good to play , pros and cons?
I liked it because there was a lot of fight going on, but you provided enough assets to attack. Also, there is kind of a minor trap in the game. At first, it appears as though the best attack is straight ahead - but that's does work out so well. I was able to win that way, but took a lot longer than my second method.

And yes , runners are nice defence to enemy , but what you meant I like snippers?
I've noticed in a couple of your maps that Snipers are the key to winning. In evilfight 2, I ended up using a LOT of Snipers.
Ps. My first sleeper map is here.

Will try your sleeper mat this morning.
Thanks,
H

Helper

Sleeper is good fun.
You have to move quickly to stop the initial assault, then continue the attack to beat the spawning enemy pieces.
You could easily increase the frequency of spawning without it becoming overwhelming.
I liked the concept and look forward to more.
H

Helper

Tech Limits - I think a lot of players will like that, but other than the first couple of minutes there is no danger of losing - just a race to see how fast you can get to the Inhibitor.
You do make it tough to get there and some smart players will do it in about half the time I did.
H

teknotiss

Triplex seems badly broken..... :o
the controls don't work, can't draw a box, can't select the Digi tool, seems very wrong  ???
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

Quote from: Builder17 on October 21, 2015, 02:35:34 PM
Many my PAC and sleeper games are without custom images , but working. No idea how add custom images afterwards.  :)
It seems custom images are very important to PAC and sleeper.
For example it selection box can be drawn , but is without image of it.  :(
So how player can know what game is doing?  ;)

ahh then i suggest you ask someone in the coders corner, some of the code monkeys should be able to help... not a coder myself!
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=25.0

teknotiss

query was a fun one, going to be some speedy times on that one! :)

Helper

Arggh!
More new maps posted and I had some time earlier to play.
It would really help if you would a new 'Reply' with the names of the maps you're adding.
Not sure why, but some of your maps that I've played from here show up in CS with my scores already shown. Some don't. Weird science.

I'll download the new ones I can identify and give them a go when I get a chance (but not the PAC's).
Thanks,
H

warren

I think if the version you played and the version finalized are the same, they get the same key and your score transfers over.